By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

I have TWEWY. Haven't touched it in a while and I'm still early on. I like the way the story's moving, the way the story is told  [face to face with speach bubbles], and I like the art direction..... It may just be me but I really don't like the battle system..... Fighting with the stylus on the bottom screen just doesn't seem that fun to me, and while I'm trying to fight on the bottom screen, I don't know what's really happening on the top. So I just endup pressing left a few times then right a few times then left, right, etc.

The Music is great. The menu looked odd at first but I got used to it quickly. Often I have trouble with moving on the bottom screen during a fight, Especially when it comes to dodging attacks with a quick stroke in a single direction starting from.... I forgot the kids name.... the dude with the head phones. The Characters are also pretty cool.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Anyone here have The World Ends With You or Persona 4? I got both for Christmas and I really liking them.

Well i plan to finish TWEWY by Monday, i love this game very fresh , with good story, great effort by SE, i would love to play Persona 4 shame that i do not have a PS2 eh so ill probably give that one a miss .

Did anyone attempt to play Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Duengeon? I'm really thinking about picking that one up

Persona 4 is one of my favorite games of all time now. Love the story, characters and music. 60 hours in and still not finished. TWEWY is the next game I'll pick up.

Just got a DS Lite today along with FFVI Advance. Freaking awesome.

Anyone here collects RPG figures or statues by anychance?

@Dgc1808
I can see where you are coming from with TWEWY's battle system. It is pretty daunting with having to watch the two screens but at the same time, I find it unique and that the system has a sense of urgency that is not found in other JRPGs. I agree with you on the characters being cool. They fit the setting and are very relatable. But that's not suprising since the main characters in the game for around my age. BTW, the "kid with the headphones's" name is Neku.

@mirson , yes i collect zelda and final fantasy figurines. should i get persona 4 today then?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Any of you guys have any experience with the Lunar games? originally a Sega CD game, then Saturn, then PS.

@xen, nope sorry. are they a good series?

just picked up chrono cross brand new at my local flee market. paid $12 for it, i was very happy. :)

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@xen, nope sorry. are they a good series?

Yes. Hopefully I'm getting Eternal Blue Complete soon!

Xen i've played the first Lunar, i believe it was called Silver Star Story right? I loved it, it had some really cool characters, especially Jessica, and the story was very good ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"