By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony didn't intend PS3 to succeed as a console

Wow. Just wow.

I had a whole response typed out, but that sums up my feelings.

Around the Network

I have personal experience with the author of this editorial, and I can tell you that he's a complete Sony fanboy, and has been writing propaganda bits for over 5 years now. Take him as seriously as you would Borat.

bardicverse said:
I have personal experience with the author of this editorial, and I can tell you that he's a complete Sony fanboy, and has been writing propaganda bits for over 5 years now. Take him as seriously as you would Borat.

To the author:  We (do not) support your war of (console) terror!  Ahhh, very nice....

I can't even begin to analyze this. It's just so far out of touch. I just cannot fathom how he can stand by the idea that Sony doesn't care if the PS3 succeeds or not, yet somehow the PS3 is the only one that is capable of getting fun and original games?

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Wow....another one

mM
Around the Network

I keeping this quote "The only thing gamers can hope for is that Sony doesn't abandon the PS3 too soon (since they have no need for it anymore), or otherwise the entire gaming community will be stuck with Wii shovelware and Halo spin-offs for the rest of this gaming generation."

Xen said:
Oh wow. 2 wows even.

1) The number of PS3 doom threads is just amazing... 3 in the past 30 mins.

2) An article that manages to bash the PS3, 360, and Wii at the same time? who do you support then? LOL

My thoughts exactly.  He seems to be a rabid Sony fanboy who's upset with the PS3's sales.  

@ctk495: What is up with your sig?  How do you get this classified information?  Lol.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

BoleroOfFire said:
Xen said:
Oh wow. 2 wows even.

1) The number of PS3 doom threads is just amazing... 3 in the past 30 mins.

2) An article that manages to bash the PS3, 360, and Wii at the same time? who do you support then? LOL

My thoughts exactly.  He seems to be a rabid Sony fanboy who's upset with the PS3's sales.

@ctk495: What is up with your sig?  How do you get this classified information?  Lol.

He's.. a semi-reverse Sony fanboy with hate for MS and Ninty. New term, lol.

He does kinda have a point... Though I think he may not be seeing the whole picture right now. Last year and early this year there were news about several new formats, and some actually seemed like they could have a future. Well, of course Blu-ray has a good chance as well, and it seems to be easy to upgrade (was it 200 GB or 400 GB just recently - both are enough for years to come anyway).

Besides, would getting Blu-ray to win be worth killing a profitable console franchise? I surely don't know and I probably don't have enough information to make decent calculations, but I'm sure it's not an easy decision even if it is a possibility.

The last sentence shows he's a fanboy.