By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Minnesota Examiner - Sony's Epic Fail, 5 Major Blunders

Aj_habfan said:

I have a hard time believing you frequent all these sites you are posting from. Google search? This is just trolling now.

"Arguably, the Playstation 2 was at the top of the previous generation console war"

Unarguably, that is the dumbest statement I have ever heard.

lol...that is a pretty dumb statement, like having a 100 million gap isn't enough...

Around the Network

How many anti PS3 threads is this now!?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Another one, omg this is the 100th one today

mM

I can't help but laugh every time a new article pops up.

Sony has a propensiy to overhype and underdeliver: See example below

Sony has told GamesIndustry.biz that it expects forthcoming title LittleBigPlanet to achieve higher sales figures than Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Edition.

GT 5 Prologue was released in March at retail and online and became the fastest-selling PlayStation 3 game, while also boosting sales of PS3 hardware by 14 per cent.

"We're hoping sales will be higher than GT5 Prologue," revealed David Reeves, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony-littlebigplanet-sales-to-beat-gt5-prologue

Around the Network

Lost all possible respect when he used arguably next to the PS2's supremacy

And then he went and insulted Uncharted. It is an 8-10 hour game, and the quality makes up for the slightly short game

I agree with 2, 4, and 5. Especially 4. Keeps the PS3s price up.

1. No. Anyone who looks at KZ2 knows that it's the best looking game to grace any console.

and 3. Don't diss Uncharted! Lots of gamers resonated with it, 2 million+ at my last count. That fails.

gbex

I think you need to read DMeisterJ's sig

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

gebx said:

http://www.examiner.com/x-1726-Minnesota-Games-Examiner~y2008m12d12-Sonys-epic-fail-The-5-major-blunders-of-the-PS3

#1:  Grrr… Look at our big hardware!

Arguably, the Playstation 2 was at the top of the previous generation console war. 

More Like: Obviously the PS2 was at the top of the previous generation console war.

especially in the case of multiple platforms, the developers aren’t going to put in an extra thousand hours to make the game look worlds better on just one system.

That is why. If they put in the effort a game could have the same graphics as an Uncharted or Metal Gear Solid.

#2:  Lets have a big fancy home entertainment system.

The Playstation 3, the system you can watch all of your Blu-Ray movies, play all of your video games.  Surf the internet, listen to music, play video files of every shape and size.  You can even link it to your PSP for more of the same purposes.  It’s the ultimate in household entrtainment.

This I do agree with. If there wasn't blu ray it would be much cheaper, would have been out earlier, and would be winning right now.

#3:  Lets make games into interactive films.

This is just a stupid arguement. End of story.

#4:  Lets fight the wrong war.

This goes along with #2

#5:  Exclusives?  We don’t need no stinkin’ exclusives!

MS IP's:

- Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Forza, Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Project Gotham Racing, Crackdown, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Viva Pinata. Thats about all I could find, feel free to add any.

PS IP's:

- Warhawk, Twisted Metal,  Resistance, MLB The Show, Ratchet and Clank, SOCOM, Killzone, Syphon Filter, Jak and Daxter, Uncharted, Ape Escape, Gran Turismo, God of War, The Getaway, Infamous, White Knight, Heavy Rain, MAG, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword. Again feel free to add any.

Okay so you get the point, PS has way more exclusives. MS will just keep buying them though.

colonelstubbs said:
How many anti PS3 threads is this now!?

It's All Your Fault CoLonel! Ever since you Defected from the PS3 Faction; all we get is the PS3 is Doomed! I hope Your Happy! :P 

This Thread is full of FAIL!!!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil