By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why are folks being banned for sig length?

DMeisterJ said:
Yeah, anyone who reports sigs and is not using 56k is a tool.

Or anyone who reports sigs who are barely longer than the limit and only text are also tools.

:'(

Sorry, but I so laughed HARD at this. Haha!!!!

Around the Network
madskillz said:
Onyxmeth said:

It isn't as heavily enforced as other offenses, but some people are just that thick headed that they can't change their sigs after being asked numerous times by moderators.

I was warned just once and corrected it - and look up and see sigs friggin' huge and nada. No warnings or nothing. Of course I am not going to rat folks out, but seeing some spirited posters getting banned for sig lengths - and others putting a chapter of War and Peace rant into their sigs is unbelievable.

All I'm saying is - being fair and balanced. If a few are getting banned for sig lengths, crack down on everyone.

We are. Most are pointed out to us in reports from fellow members. If you want it to be fair and balanced then start making some reports. It's the same as any offense. The more often and consistent we get reports in, the more consistent the warnings and bannings will be across the board. If you don't feel like you want to "rat folks out" then you are the last person I want to see complaining about this.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

It is pretty annoying when someone's sig is too large.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I heeded my warning, got to follow "Da" rulez. :P