By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1up Boogie review, its not pretty.

I don't think review sites are anything to go by in the sale factor of games such as this, as other people have said, average games on the wii (and ps2, might i add) have sold too well for their own good, i fear this will most likely occur again

Around the Network

Revies mostly are the opinion of just one person. You can't expect everyone to give it the exact numerical score you think it deserves. Read the reviews, don't just look at the number at the end, that way you really learn a game's strong and weak points.

For this particular case, listen to the latest EGM podcast to hear some of the opinions of the other people who played it and how they liked it (the reviewer of this 1up review is there as well).

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3149975

Killzone3 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Killzone3 said:
DonWii said:
Well, since no one has responded to my comments, I still stand by my posting of the Gamepro review, and how this is different from the Lair fiasco.

egm/up whined about the sixaxis controls, others liked them.

Why arent more people hating on this game for the bad review like thay did with Lair.

DKII beat me to it, but honestly Lair is going to get bashed if it gets average reviews because it has been praised on end as being "Game of the Year" material and a "System Seller"

Most of the praise has come from its graphics, and they sure did not fail on that front.

Actually, quite a lot of the praise used odd logic like "When a game has great graphics that means that the developers have put a lot of time into the game which means it HAS to have great gameplay" ...

I'm amazed at how many people want Boogie to 'bomb'. I mean, OK, it's an average game -at best-, but so what? I never saw any major videogame site make predictions about HUGE Boogie sales.

It's suposed to be an OK, casual game and keep in mind that it's a new IP. I wouldn't expect too much from this game(even though I have a feeling about this one, selling better than expected), which is fine by me.

I don't know if 1up is Wii biased, certain people on this site definetely are. Of course Lair 'looks great', it's a PS3 game for crying out loud!! We all know that PS3 and Xbox360 games are graphically superior compared to Wii games.....So, let's all live with that, accept it and move on with our lives, PLEASE. It's just getting so boring to see the same conversations over and over again, the only difference being Game Title X VS Game Title Z (or something like that).

Tsuki ni kawatte...Oshiokiyo!

Watching "Aa!!Megami-sama : Sorezore no Tsubasa" and loving it!! 

Meh, I could care less about this game. I can't say I was ready to crack open my wallet to make an ass of myself dancing to Britney Spears songs as it is. I'm sure someone is willing to, and I'm sure they'll buy it, but as for me, I could care less.

Around the Network

1Up and EGM actually HATES motion controls .The same happened with the Lair Beta they happily reviewed .

Diomedes1976 said:
1Up and EGM actually HATES motion controls .The same happened with the Lair Beta they happily reviewed .

I'd love to see a source for that.  However, since I know you don't have one I'm going to go ahead and predict how this ends:

You leave the topic, or at least ignore the request for a source and continue posting ridiculous statements to defend a freaking game you haven't played yet.

That ugly mascot thing in Boogie is enough reason for this game to not sell.

Site Description
http://www.1up.com/do/home

Site Statistics
Coverage: 3DO, DC, DS, GB, GBA, GBC, GC, GEN, MAC, MOBILE, N64, NGE, PC, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, SAT, SCD, SNES, WII, X360, XBOX
Last Article:8/6/2007
Number of All Reviews:1609
Number of All Other Articles:3524
Site's Avg Score for All: 6.9
Site's Avg Ratio For All: 68.6%
GR Avg Ratio for All titles this site has reviewed: 72.9%
Difference: -4.3%
Number of All Reviews Higher than the Average: 602
Number of All Reviews Lower than the Average: 1007
Percentage of All Reviews Higher: 37.4%
Average Article Vote for All:3.3 Stars
Total Article Votes for All:10803
Total Hits for All Articles:274569
Total Traffic sent to site from Reviews, News and Files since 4/27/02:276390
Site Statistics
Coverage: 3DO, DC, DS, GB, GBA, GBC, GC, GEN, MAC, MOBILE, N64, NGE, PC, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, SAT, SCD, SNES, WII, X360, XBOX
Last WII Article:8/3/2007
Number of WII Reviews:42
Number of WII Other Articles:160
Site's Avg Score for WII: 5.9
Site's Avg Ratio For WII: 58.9%
GR Avg Ratio for WII titles this site has reviewed: 68.2%
Difference: -9.2%
Number of WII Reviews Higher than the Average: 11
Number of WII Reviews Lower than the Average: 31
Percentage of WII Reviews Higher: 26.2%
Average Article Vote for WII:-- Stars
Total Article Votes for WII:9
Total Hits for WII Articles:0
Total Traffic sent to site from Reviews, News and Files since 4/27/02:276390

Site Description
This is an offline source, such as a print magazine
Every issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly offers readers the latest news, game reviews, and tips about the most exciting new games on Nintendo 64, PlayStation, Saturn, SuperNES, Genesis, GameBoy, Game Gear, Jaguar and Neo-Geo video game systems.
Site Statistics
Coverage: 3DO, DC, DS, GB, GBA, GBC, GC, GEN, JAG, MOBILE, N64, NEO, NGE, PC, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, SAT, SCD, SNES, WII, X360, XBOX
Last Article:9/1/2007
Number of All Reviews:4275
Number of All Other Articles:4956
Site's Avg Score for All: 6.7
Site's Avg Ratio For All: 67.4%
GR Avg Ratio for All titles this site has reviewed: 71.6%
Difference: -4.1%
Number of All Reviews Higher than the Average: 1385
Number of All Reviews Lower than the Average: 2890
Percentage of All Reviews Higher: 32.4%
Average Article Vote for All:3.5 Stars
Total Article Votes for All:679
Total Hits for All Articles:75541
Total Traffic sent to site from Reviews, News and Files since 4/27/02:79464
Site Statistics
Coverage: 3DO, DC, DS, GB, GBA, GBC, GC, GEN, JAG, MOBILE, N64, NEO, NGE, PC, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, SAT, SCD, SNES, WII, X360, XBOX
Last WII Article:9/1/2007
Number of WII Reviews:31
Number of WII Other Articles:114
Site's Avg Score for WII: 6.5
Site's Avg Ratio For WII: 64.9%
GR Avg Ratio for WII titles this site has reviewed: 71.9%
Difference: -6.9%
Number of WII Reviews Higher than the Average: 5
Number of WII Reviews Lower than the Average: 26
Percentage of WII Reviews Higher: 16.1%
Average Article Vote for WII:-- Stars
Total Article Votes for WII:0
Total Hits for WII Articles:0
Total Traffic sent to site from Reviews, News and Files since 4/27/02:79464

EMG and 1UP do have some noticeable bias in their reviews as compared to the average review ... There can be lots of reasons for this bias (including everyone else over rating Wii games). You can use the fact that 1UP is on average 9.2% lower than the average score, and that it is below the average 74.8% of the time, as a sign that the odds are pretty good that the average review score will be 12.3% (or more) higher than the current score.

whoa, nice homework, HS. You know... putting that in a spreadsheet with just the basic facts for every system in a nice chart would be pretty interesting indeed. Especially if you can put in gamespot, 1up, IGN, and a couple of the other "regular" reviewer sites that are more or less "trusted" sources...

cool.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.