By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why the heck do people group the Game Boy line together for sales???

Khuutra said:
DTG said:
Zucas said:
GB and GBC are the same thing just one's in color. If we split them up then we might as well split the different colors of all the consoles up, PS2 and PS2 slim should be split up, and all the different SKU's for 360 and PS3 should be split up.

Stop being silly.

oh, you're right I forgot that phat psp and ps2 games were all in black and white and that some color ps2 games weren't playable on the former.

Later releases of the PSP had more RAM, didn't they?

however every single psp game is playable on both phat and slim versions. That is not true for gbc to gb. Not only that, there is no graphical difference between psp and psp slim similar to going from freakin black and white to color.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
DTG said:
Zucas said:
GB and GBC are the same thing just one's in color. If we split them up then we might as well split the different colors of all the consoles up, PS2 and PS2 slim should be split up, and all the different SKU's for 360 and PS3 should be split up.

Stop being silly.

oh, you're right I forgot that phat psp and ps2 games were all in black and white and that some color ps2 games weren't playable on the former.

Alright then have it your way Burger King.  So what PS2 only sold 80 million under the phat one.  but I'm sure there were multiple colors of the console.  So what we'll just split it up 40/40.  Then for the other 60 million we'll split it up 30/30 for the slim.

Now PS1 we are just going to cut in half for no reason right now but I'm sure I can bullshit one later on.  PS3 versions will be split up into 5 and for now we'll assume it was even.  360 sales cut in 3.  Wii will stay the same though considering only one color and one SKU.  Finally split up the GB, GBA, DS, and PSP into all their versions and we are left with PS1 barely edging out Wii as best selling console.

Now before you really embarrass yourself I suggest you admit you were being silly and try and pretend it was a joke.

omg, you don't even know what a freakin color console is!! I'm talking about graphics, GBC supported color visuals in games, the original only allowed for black and white games like old ctr tv's of a generation ago! Not the color of the hardware!

Soriku said:
Have you heard of newer SKUs? That's why they're grouped.

I guess the ps2 and ps3 are just newer ps1 sku's too then.

Most Gameboy color games still worked on the older Gameboys.

d21lewis said:
Most Gameboy color games still worked on the older Gameboys.

Not all. Infact there is a large portion that didn't.

Around the Network

Ughh GB and GBC were not the same thing, the GBC playes GBC games, the GB couldnt play those games, add to that the GBC was also in color, they were different.

mM
Soriku said:

@DTG

There's a difference. The PS consoles were different ones that played older PS games if they were BC while new SKUs can play the same games. The GB was able to play GBC games, meaning the GBC isn't a new console but rather a new SKU. Hey, the DSi has a camera but the DS doesn't...does that make the DSi a new system (and I think there may be a few DSi only games)? No.

Your aguing with someone who's being silly.  Man I wish I could tell them what they really are but of course this site's strictness on telling the truth is unjustified.  Just let him think he has a point when he really doesn't and eventually he'll get bored of himself.

Soriku said:

@DTG

There's a difference. The PS consoles were different ones that played older PS games if they were BC while new SKUs can play the same games. The GB was able to play GBC games, meaning the GBC isn't a new console but rather a new SKU. Hey, the DSi has a camera but the DS doesn't...does that make the DSi a new system (and I think there may be a few DSi only games)? No.

????? The gameboy couldnt play ANY gameboy color game, the cartridge doesnt even get in the slot.

mM
Soriku said:

@DTG

Right...which is why many high rated GBC titles had an "only for GBC" on them.

The GBC is to the GB, as the DSi is to the DS/Lite

Why they are counted together is they are close enough to consider them the same thing. They aren't identical, but close enough.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)