By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'd call hardcore gamers "arch conservative gamers".

I don't mind regular conservatism. It's those that get all riled up at the prospect of change.

Those knocking on the Wii for not giving them what they want, and claiming Nintendo is "ruining" gaming by making casual gaming popular just strikes me as someone shouting "They took our jerbs!"

EDIT: Actually, noname2200 put it best, almost:

"The deeply conservative act and respond as they do because they see that the rest of the world is leaving their deep-seated values behind. To them, it's almost like watching the people around you self-destruct, and they not only don't wish to see this, but they fear that they will be caught in the explosion themselves.

The snobcore's problem with the Wii stems from one simple truth: it does not make pleasing the snobcore its top priority at all times. When a spoiled child suddenly discovers that he is no longer the darling little prince, he responds by throwing temper tantrums. So it is with the snobcore.

If it's any consolation, snotty brats often mature into responsible adults, if reality intervenes early enough. Give them time: they'll settle down."

I say there's a bit of the first part in that. They've been used to this kind of gaming for over a decade, and the though that Nintendo is veering off into another direction is terrifying to them.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I'd call "hardcore gamers", "Hardcore gamers".

4 ≈ One

I'd call casual gamers, "tasteless gamers"

Oh, it's one of THOSE threads...

Seriously, wasn't this discussed enough already?

Gaming fundamentalists.

Everything is black and white, good and evil, hardcore and casual.

Show them someone who enjoys Crysis and Wii Sports, their head explodes.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network

You're wrong. The deeply conservative act and respond as they do because they see that the rest of the world is leaving their deep-seated values behind. To them, it's almost like watching the people around you self-destruct, and they not only don't wish to see this, but they fear that they will be caught in the explosion themselves.

The snobcore's problem with the Wii stems from one simple truth: it does not make pleasing the snobcore its top priority at all times. When a spoiled child suddenly discovers that he is no longer the darling little prince, he responds by throwing temper tantrums. So it is with the snobcore.

If it's any consolation, snotty brats often mature into responsible adults, if reality intervenes early enough. Give them time: they'll settle down.

I'de call hardcore gamers "hardgamers"

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

What the hell is a Jerb....

All I know is that they didn't exist in the 90's, or they would have trashed Sim City and Mario Paint as "blasphemy"

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

I'm not going to say whether I support this thread or not, but that is easily my second favorite South Park reference of all time and you should be applauded for it.