By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CNN Money-The PS3 is a Sinking Ship

Sony is not doing well this generation, the price cut is badly needed and quick but as everyone mentioned can they? Here is the thing every generation starts the fight again hopefully they learned from there mistakes look at nintendo everyone counted them out after the N64 and gamecube and they are back I can see sony coming back, they have a great brand

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network
selnor said:
luisgvm said:
Branko2166 said:
This article might as well have been published by Microsoft. While it cites correct relevant sales figures it also has so much misinformation and bias it's ridiculous. Apparently objectivity isn't a part of their job over at cnn.

^this. i mean in this article they are not imparcial at all.

Just a thought, but have you ever wondered that what CNN have said is basically how the PS3 looks to the average consumer. At that price they see a console that does nothing more than the 360. And now with HD netflix, the average consumer is only going to agree more.

maybe thats truth, but they need to be objective all they did was basically put all the negative aspects of the ps3 and they dint said anything good at all about the ps3 and a lot of people who own a ps3 wouldnt agree with some of those negative aspects they said.

There are some good and bad points with this article.

I do own all 3 systems, and I own a 50" plasma with HDMI. I do play my 360 more than my PS3, but I do like a lot of Sony's exclusive games. I have roughly 35 games for my 360, and 9 for my PS3 (compare this with the whopping 5 that I have for the Wii)

I probably watch more Blu-Ray movies on my PS3 than I actually play games on the console. But yes, there is a HUGE difference between Blu-Ray and DVD (but if you have a standard t.v. there will be no difference.) I have not bought a DVD this entire year, and will probably never do so again.

Blu-Ray is the PS3's only saving grace for me. That, and the fact that the console hasn't crapped out on me yet unlike the 360. And that's only because of the Panasonic HD t.v. If I didn't have that to watch Blu-Ray movies on, I wouldn't have gotten a PS3 in the first place.

BengaBenga said:
Vergis said:
~flame said:

1. It's the most expensive console on the market, $150 - $200 more than its rivals. Even if you believe the video game industry is "recession-proof" (it isn't), a tanking economy makes consumers more price-conscious.
  2. The PS3's big bonus is its ability to double as a Blu-Ray player. Too bad no one seems to care about hi-def DVDs. The differences between Blu-Ray and DVD are hard to see on a TV less than 50".
  3. The PS3 just doesn't have any must-have titles exclusive to the console. "LittleBigPlanet" has generated decent buzz but isn't a game-changer, and neither is Sony's new virtual world "Home."

"Tell yourself the PS3 has superior graphics if it makes you feel better, but a $400 console with a mediocre game library simply cannot compete against an Xbox 360 priced at $200 in this economy."

OUCH!!!

LMAO! , I didnt have an account on this but when I saw this bullsh*t I had to register to reply

1: People find it "hard" to see the difference with DVD/ Blu ray on less than 50"..... Well everyone who agrees with that eyes tested. I only have a 26" hd tv and the difference is huge...

2: Mediocre game library? wtf? like has already been said 90% are multiplatform and the others that arnt? umm Resistance1&2, LBP, MGS4 etc etc are mediocre?....DING wrong again.

3: Its expensive? yeah it is.. but you get more than other consoles out of it ...and your not restricted to xbox/wii only extras.

And no people dont try and argue "OMG NOOB" etc etc or anything similar....your wrong. now sit now *pat pat*.

I might sound like a fan boy but I do own all thr....well 2 gaming consoles ie PS3, xbox360 and then the Wii thing.

Saying you're not a fanboy is rather pointless if you close off with such a stupid remark.

stupid remark? I didnt say anything about the xbox being crap did? I like both ps3 and the 360, I dislike the Wii thats my opinion. I would post why but its off topic.

Vergis said:

stupid remark? I didnt say anything about the xbox being crap did? I like both ps3 and the 360, I dislike the Wii thats my opinion. I would post why but its off topic.

Oh please... You know perfectly well what the remark was... The part where you say the Wii is a "thing" and not a games console.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Sony needs to fix the ship then! Common sense.

Mediocre game library? It only had the best lineup of any game system in 2008. The article fails.

^^ u mad?

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Christopher_G2 said:
Mediocre game library? It only had the best lineup of any game system in 2008. The article fails.

Christopher_G2 said:

Your opinion. I disagree.