By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the best love story in gaming?

dtewi said:
Mario and Peach.

Come on. The guy spans half the friggin universe, defeats a 10 foot tall fire breathing reptile, and he gets a cake! If that's love, I don't know what is.

indeed.  23 years and he's still willing to rescue her from bowser, id have given up!

Around the Network

Baldur's Gate 2: SoA & ToB - Mainchar + Viconia, I have never gotten so worked up over a few paragraphs of text at the end of the game.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

outlawauron said:
Zidane and Garnet from FF 9! How can anyone forget what he went through to get to her!.

my thoughts exactly. I cried at the end =X

My daughter is my world.

The romance between Aerie and my character in Baldur's Gate II. It was HOT.

Chrizum said:

I liked Aerie at first too, she was my first romance in that game, but then I realized what a mopey little fop she was. She got to feel like a parasite, sucking out my happiness and swallowing it with her own lamentations of loss and self pity.

Now Viconia was awesome. Yes, she was a bitch, but she was strong, self assured and sexy, yet underneath it all she was a gooey teddy bear. There were a bunch of times where she's going "that's not how we did things back in the underdark, yadda yadda" but she also was able to realize 'oh, hey, yeah, I'm not IN the underdark anymore, and besides, I hated it there..."

Basically out of the 3, I felt like Aerie needed you too much, Jaheria needed you too little, and Viconia was that "just right" amount.

And Anomen was a jackass, I never managed to keep him in my party more than about 5 of his banters.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network
Grey Acumen said:
Chrizum said:

I liked Aerie at first too, she was my first romance in that game, but then I realized what a mopey little fop she was. She got to feel like a parasite, sucking out my happiness and swallowing it with her own lamentations of loss and self pity.

Now Viconia was awesome. Yes, she was a bitch, but she was strong, self assured and sexy, yet underneath it all she was a gooey teddy bear. There were a bunch of times where she's going "People aren't stupid like this back in the underdark, yadda yadda" but she also was able to realize 'oh, hey, yeah, I'm not IN the underdark anymore, and besides, I hated it there..."

Basically out of the 3, I felt like Aerie needed you too much, Jaheria needed you too little, and Viconia was that "just right" amount.

Man, I really need to replay that game some time. But I still need to finish Throne of Bhaal. Such an amazing game.

Well, if we talk about love based on friendship, respect and admiration, then the relationship between Ocelot and Big Boss (MGS3 and MGS4) is really the most powerfull and fleshed out relationship of this kind in gaming.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Shadow of the Colossus

some romances in Black Isle games (Baldur's Gate 2, Planescape Torment)

FF8

MGS3

The most unforced natural love story progression in a game was for me, from the most underated game of all time. Ever.

This video puts it in a perfect nutshell. It still amazes me how many RPG fans have missed this game. It's by far the best emotional JRPG ever made.

Jansen and Ming

Kaim and Sarah

I'll go with
Zidane and Garnet from FF9
Alex and Luna from Silver Star Story
Ico (the player) and Yorda (when the bridge parts near the end, You don't think twice and jump the gap to save Yorda, that's what I call love)
Valkyria Chronicles' Alicia and Welkin love story is ok but I find it too mushy at times.