By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I think the next wii won't be successful until 2015

whatever the wii2 is, it's going to be composed of 90% shovelware.

and nintendo will make billions on it.

Around the Network

The Wii 2 could be the PS2 or the PS3. Which one depends on timing, games, price and MARIO!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The "Wii only has casual games" argument I thought was rejected a while ago. Anyway, I can only say what Nintendo's plan is. Their goal is to lure new gamers into the market and then bring then up to the mysterious "hardcore" level over time while still bringing in new gamers. By the time Nintendo wans to release Wiii (they have to have an unoriginal name like microsoft and sony) the market should be ready for a new system. Actually, if they wanted to go with unoriginal names, they could have started with Wi and went to Wii and then Wiii. In 50 years: Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Basically, if Wii hadn't started making good casual games, those people who are referred to as casual gamers would still be playing flash games on their computers.

bugrimmar said:
whatever the wii2 is, it's going to be composed of 90% shovelware.

and nintendo will make billions on it.

Only 90% ??? that's what the PS2 had so this means they will sell atleast 100+ million.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Toastboy still believes only casuals play the Wii?

wow..what have I been playing before the Wii then

other casual heavy systems..uhm:
PS2
PSX
NES

but it's a lie..I've been playing mostly hardcore systems:
GC
SNES
ARCADES

wow...guess..the Wii=hardcore CONFIRMED?!?!

and unless you're completely brainless, OP

you would have found out that the next Nintendo won't bomb..since it seems that Nintendo has learned from their mistakes..unlike OTHER companies

they are up streaming 'casual' gamers into core gamers..wich means the next system will be like the Wii: pulling in MORE non-gamers, and kids and also catering to the core gamer

'hardcore' games are up to 3d parties..seeing the Wii and DS success..it's safe to assume the next console will burst with 3d party support

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:
~flame said:
if they bundle hello kitty games and Wii dance party games with the Wii2 then they have a winner right there!

Who's this guy?

Well his name is ~flame, so I don't have much hope for constructive posts from him...

I was about to post that... you beat me

There are a lot of stereotypes and prejudice about "Casual" gamers which has lead people to make assumptions about who they are and what they want, and this leads to a complete misunderstanding on why the Wii is successful. As a label "Casual" gaming is imprecise, and is used primarily by people who have no desire to understand the intricacies of the market.

The Wii userbase is made up of a wide range of demographics including PC gamers (who bought a Wii because it was different, and they had no interest in the watered down PC gaming experience of the HD consoles), Core gamers (who buy a lot of consoles in order to have access to as wide of a library as possible), and lapsed gamers (who may have been heavy handheld gamers but didn't play console games because they shifted into a direction that was not interesting to these gamers). In reality, very few Wii gamers fall into the stereotypical group of gamers who buys one game every 18 months and would feel ripped off if Nintendo released a new console.

Good thread toastboy44562

Can't wait till 2015 lol.

Wow.. I made a thread saying the same thing and since then I've seen another 4 pop up saying the same thing only worded differently..

I demand credit.

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

Angel_DwK said:
Wow.. I made a thread saying the same thing and since then I've seen another 4 pop up saying the same thing only worded differently..

I demand credit.

Why would you want credit for a flawed analysis?

Signature goes here!