By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will The Wii 2 Be As Successful?

scottie said:
"This leads me to my next point: If I am right in what I'm saying, and I managed to figure this out, I'm sure Nintendo's bright minds have ALREADY thought of this and have been hard at work with the Wii 2"

A top Nintendo exec (cant remember who, might've been Miyamoto-san actually) has already said that they are hard at work designing a successor that will give people a real reason to upgrade

Have confidence in the big N, they will deliver the goods, and as for if it succeeds, it has the same advantage that the PS2 did so it should be fine.

If you can find that article and this is said by Miyamoto or Iwata I'll enjoy it greatly.

Around the Network

I basically agree.  It will be extremely dificult for Nintendo (or anyone) to duplicate the success of the Wii.  Hardcore fans may buy every upgraded product (which is why Sony and MS can introduce their products at such high levels, but need to drop prices fairly quickly after the hardcore market has bought their products), but the casual consumer requires alot of convincing.  But even if the WiiII does half as well as the origional, it will still be a huge success.  I think Nintendo will take everything that made the Wii so successful and expand on it (family, women, childeren, the elderly, and even men).  I would love to see more focus on the disabled as well.

I didnt read the entire OP but no.

Wii is history making. It'll take a LONG time for this to ever happen. I do think the Wii 2 will succeed though. It will sell great but it'll be no Wii in sales.

it should be very interesting to see how they innovate with the wii2. i personally think they will just vastly improve in many areas without actually bringing forth a whole new innovation. its the innovative and fun software that is gonna drive sales of the next wii just like wii sports, wii fit, mario kart, ssbb, smg is currently driving hw sales of the wii. with hd graphics every bit as good or slightly better than the 360/ps3, vastly improved motion controls, a full good online system/community, and a good sized harddrive the wii2 would have the tools to lead the next gen and to bring all those wii gamers back plus more.

better graphics that are closer to what the next sony/ms systems offer will grab more high quality 3rd party games for the wii2 than the wii is getting and overall lead to a better library. this will bring in a bigger percentage of the traditional gamer and get more new gamers (i.e. kids/teenagers) to get wii2 over the other systems.

better motion controls will only make current types of games better and open up the avenue for new types of games that need very precise motion sensing technology to be good. this will help bring in all types of gamers, casual and traditional.

a bigger harddrive means more downloadable things like games and demos and content. thus improving the system.

and a full online community without ridiculous friendcode type limitations will again open up new ways to play games.

all these things improve games and can help pull in both traditional and casual gamers. after that all the wii2 would need is a $250 price again and some really fun software from the launch. a really fun pack in that will show off how the wii2 is better than the wii and everything else and will appeal to everyone just like wii sports would be a great idea to do again with the wii2. and a couple other core games and casual games at launch that show how fun and better the system is than the wii along with the brand loyalty that the wii will have built up should be enticing enough to give it the needed momentum to continue nintendo's dominance. of course it will be harder next gen since sony and microsoft should both be bringing motion control consoles to the market as well.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

I'm thinking no. Casual users will be so pleased with their Wii's that they will see no need to upgrade. I do think that the sales will be very big though

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
I'm thinking no. Casual users will be so pleased with their Wii's that they will see no need to upgrade. I do think that the sales will be very big though

I agree. Grandparents won't feel the need to upgrade but Nintendo will most likely expand the market once again to include animals and unborn babies.

Yes. I heard that Nintendo plans on shopping their next system heavily to Pachyderms and Lemurs.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

What's Surfergirl?

That was original. Sorry if you didn't find it funny.,

Oh. I know who she/he is and like I said, I don't lift my material from other people.

if they keep making shovelware and gimmicky controls then yeah.

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)