By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA building up for strong 2009, happy with performance on Nintendo system

Sweet, more Sega support. Just make sure the games are good.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
woopah said:
thing is those games are getting quite close releases. Madword and HotD in February, sonic and the black knight in march followed by conduit in february. i thinkbleach versus crusade is coming Q2 as well

I agreed! They are hoping that by each being in a different genre it won't matter but I'm not sure. Also with the releases that Sega has coming out is also why I didn't want to see Deadly Creatures moved to Feb. Oh' 9...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

go sega, continue making me happy :)

Great for Sega, they deserve to make money with all the quality games they're bringing!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

__XBrawlX__ said:
Sega is really trying hard to give us a ton of good/great/excellent games in a very small time frame.... I've never even bought a Sega game before... But next year I plan on buying a few! :)

Are you trying to tell me that you've never played the old Sonic games on the Genesis? That makes me sad. =(

Good news for Sega, I'm glad to see they're doing well! I can't wait to get The Conduit (even though they're not actually developing it) and Sonic & the Black Knight next year. I'm still definitely looking into Madworld, but I'm not sold on it yet.

What other Sega games are coming out next year?

Around the Network

Why does this surprise anyone? Mario & Sonic is Sega's most successful title in years, if not ever and Sonic &tSR is close to 2m. Sega has done very well on Nintendo systems and their IPs are well suited to Nintendo's audience. They havn't had much luck on HD systems either.

For next year I'm already planning on getting Conduit, MadWorld and HoTD:Overkill. I hope Sega keeps that up as well as more classic Sega IPs. Virtual Fighter 6 on Wii would be great! That's the only fighting game I've ever really gotten into.

I'm so happy that Sega has found success on their former rival's console. That way I can get the best of both worlds. Go Sega!

2009 is going to be a great year for Sega, with titles like The Conduit, MadWorld, House of the Dead, and Sonic & the Black Knight... they're going to make a lot of money off of me.

WiiStation360 said:
Wait, aren't all 3rd parties supposed to blame Nintendo for their games not selling well?

Well if all third parties got to use Nintendo's main mascot to help their average game have incredible sales then they wouldn't be complaining either.  It'll be interesting to see what happens with all their other IPs.  My prediction is that they won't even come close to Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games' sales.

I'm hoping ALIENS:COLONIAL MARINES(with Gearbox) lives up to it's licence. Think it's penciled in for next holiday season? Also they partnered with Obsidian on an ALIENS action-rpg due to drop later in 2010. Haven't heard much info on these games but have fingers crossed and these are my most anticipated SEGA titles...
Yakuza 3 on PS3 should do very well everywhere...
Also they have that mega collection(how many games was it-40?) which has many games that will be available at retail for the first time since their original releases...This alone will probably shift a few million copies across all platforms...
GO SEGA!

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

senortaco said:
woopah said:
thing is those games are getting quite close releases. Madword and HotD in February, sonic and the black knight in march followed by conduit in february. i thinkbleach versus crusade is coming Q2 as well

I agreed! They are hoping that by each being in a different genre it won't matter but I'm not sure. Also with the releases that Sega has coming out is also why I didn't want to see Deadly Creatures moved to Feb. Oh' 9...

Well but since Nintendo is leaving the first half of 2009 quite blank and other companies aren't delivering too much either, it is not so bad I think. It might result in one game not meeting expectations, but not all since those games are quite high in a lot of most wanted lists, and three or four games in a quarter is possible for most people interested in those games.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)