By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Official 2009 Lineup!

im very happy to owne this console,however its gonna cost me a lot for this year....lol

Around the Network

Multiplat

Overlord II

Developer: Triumph Studios
Release Date: TBA 2009
Genre: Action-Adventure

Don't underestimate the power of a dutch developer

Uncharted 2 will have some serious competition in the action-adventure genre

Can someone please point me to any official info of April 2009 WKC release ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Kyros said:
Amazing list. The most impressive thing last year Multiplatform games >>> exclusives.

This year its reversed.

God of War 3 (BEST FRANCHISE EVER)
Uncharted 2 (Uncharted 1 is still one of the best games this gen)
Killzone2 (I was sceptical at first but it looks amazing)
Gran Tourismo 5 (I believe a 09 release when I see it but otherwise biggest game in the year it comes out)
Infamous (lacks charme but seems to be pretty cool)

And after last years amazing multiplats the list of 09 is a bit embarassing. The only games that interest me are:

Beyond Good and Evil 2 (the first was weird but somehow cool)
Bioshock 2 (although the first one really dissapointed me System Shock 2 FTW)
The Witcher (I like my RPGs)

Let's see. Alan Wake looks cool on the Microsoft side. Other than that not much there as well.

2009 will be the year of multiplats... it's just alot of them are new IP's, and not alot of people know much about them yet. Some will be amazing though.

Anywho, anyone think Christmas is going to be so stupidly over saturated on the PS3 this year? Like, companies best delay games due to the incredible amount of games coming out type saturated? I think we'll be looking at this for the last three months :/ :

Assassin's Creed 2
Bioshock 2
Call of Duty 6
James Bond Driving Game
Guitar Hero V
Rock band 3
Gran Turismo / God of War III (Sony won't get them both out this year)
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted 2
Mass Effect 2 (Possibly)

And then all the sports / yearly franchises that sell a million every time (FIFA / PES / NFS). And then the 2009 games companies like EA and Ubisoft will have planned but not announced, and the new IP's which are yet to be hyped.

It's kind of scary, it seems to get worse every year, I just hope some of these games can get an August release or something.

Zlejedi said:
Can someone please point me to any official info of April 2009 WKC release ?

Most sites have it down for EARLY Q2 of 2009. April is the first month of Q2 so that is the obvious assumption. Could be wrong because these release dates for games these days are very fickle. Regardless, thats my estimated date and I am sticking to it. lol

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

In other words, there is no official information for the American release date for White Knight Chronicles. Plenty of sites have no problem guessing at what they think it will be, however.

Bump!!!!

Bumping this one to make sure all those old PS2, 360 and Wii fans who don't own a PS3 know what they are missing by not buying one of the greatest consoles ever!

2009! The year YOU should get a PS3! lol ^^

Greatness Awaits

@CGI

Thx CGI! I think gamers need to know what they are missing by listening to all this media garbage being spewed over the internet.

PS3 is the "IT" system to own in 2009 with it's unrivaled gaming lineup. There is no denying the PS3's games this year are god damn attractive.

Greatness Awaits

I'm looking at 15 games from the exclusive section alone

4 ≈ One

I cant wait to hear more news on Sony's new ninja game, Silhouette. The name alone has me interested and I am eager to see if I am finally going to see a ninja game this gen that actually entails SNEAKING lol!

Also keeping an ear open for Sony's new unheard of exclusive due to be announced in a few weeks.

The gloves are off, the beast has awaken!
2009! Year of the PS3!!!

Greatness Awaits