By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Look how far we've come since the PS2 *teary eyed*

Aye aye sir more on the way.

Around the Network

Call me crazy but the difference is not big at all according to those pictures but I know for a fact that's not the case.

What's going on here?

I've added more , there's no denying that there's been quite a significant leap between the visuals seen on the PS2 and now.

Maybe I'm delusional but there's not a whole lot of difference! Except for Ratched and Clank but that was the PSP game that got ported to the PS2... Maybe it's the resolution and the size of the screes, or PS2 graphics were 'good enough' to realisticaly showcase 'natural' environments... Cuzz actually PS2 ain't looking too shabby next to the PS3!

But yeah, I know that in 'real' life there's a whole bunch of difference between the two! They just don't become so apparent right now!

THE NETHERLANDS

I only hope that the comparison between current and the next generation of consoles will be as signifigant.

Around the Network

Can you please make the pic bigger

mM

@Leo-J Alright .....

edit : yeah it does make quite a difference actualy...

My god GT4 looks great on the PS2, I honestly can't tell much of a difference AT ALL between that and GT5.

Graphics look pretty, and they're a lot of fun to look at in screenshots, but does anyone else find that once you start actually playing the game, you really tend to not notice the graphics very much, or am I not in the majority? I thought Gears of War 2 was amazing in the videos and screens I saw of it, and I sure had a hellofa lot of fun playing it, but when playing it I rarely noticed how great the graphics were, because I wasn't paying attention to them most of the time.

A bit sidetracking, but I just felt like asking this. :P

Million said:
I've added more , there's no denying that there's been quite a significant leap between the visuals seen on the PS2 and now.

Oh there's no denying that.  The question is... do enough people care.

I mean... I look at those... and pretty much thing "oh that's nice." and don't really care.  Give me the game 5 dollars cheaper with the PS2 level graphics and i'd take that deal every single time.

Or just pay the same for the PS2 level graphics game and be told that the money that would of went to the better graphics instead went to some other more meaningful part of development like gameplay or more stages or something.

I'd rather have Killzone 2 with the PS2 level graphics with Splitscreen and Co-op.

Ok so they are prettier but are they:

1: longer?
2: great story?
3: gameplay?
4: glich free?

If not then I rather play with PS2/Wii graphics.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints