By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Race Pro. Looks better than Forza!

This game is being deved by the best racing devs there is Simbin. It's really taking shape now. Just look at the screenshots. Cant wait. This game deserves far more attention. It looks amazing and has full damage model. And in motion the game looks bloody good. Day 1 purchase for me, even just based off the developer.

Around the Network

Awesome looking game.

no, it doesn't

please have a look at the high-res, non photoshoped pictures at gamersyde.com - the cars look good, but everything else is flat and low res

but the graphics don't matter that much in my opinion, they are good enough for me, but what really turns me off is the gameplay videos that were released (see here), especially the one with the Koenigsegg looks horrendous (*ugh* @ 1:10-1:31) gameplay wise

screens are looking great, video... not so much...

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Lafiel said:

no, it doesn't

please have a look at the high-res, non photoshoped pictures at gamersyde.com - the cars look good, but everything else is flat and low res

but the graphics don't matter that much in my opinion, they are good enough for me, but what really turns me off is the gameplay videos that were released (see here), especially the one with the Koenigsegg looks horrendous (*ugh* @ 1:10-1:31) gameplay wise

LOVE THE TROLL POST.

I stopped using Gamersyde for videos. That website is crap for bandwidth and the colour on their videos is horrible. The HD (supposedly) is also 480i res. LOL

Below is a vid from GC 2008. Even back then the game looked very good. So I'll supply you with a video that does not jerk every 2 secs. As you can see, detail is fine, and it resembles closely to those shots above albeit a lower res. Now it will look better. 

And if you have never played GTR or any other Simbin racers, then you should close the mouth. Because they are considered better than both Polyphony and Turn 10 at simulation racing games. Best there is on PC.

Case closed.

Edit: This vid is off cam to. It's not even direct feed.

Around the Network

This game could be another 500k to 1 million seller game just like its predecessors: Forza 2, PGR 3 and 4, Need for Speed series and Burnout series on XBox 360.

gasp.... a game coming out soon, is better looking then a game out 2 years ago.... I .... I dont know how to handle this...

this would only be any real sort of surprise if the game came out say 2 months after forza2... i expect forza3 to look better then race pro.... and honestly after the comparison outside of the cockpit view its not much of an improvement

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

You would get so much more responses if you had of made your thread title: "Race Pro. Looks much better than Gran Turismo 5: Prologue"

goddog said:
gasp.... a game coming out soon, is better looking then a game out 2 years ago.... I .... I dont know how to handle this...

this would only be any real sort of surprise if the game came out say 2 months after forza2... i expect forza3 to look better then race pro.... and honestly after the comparison outside of the cockpit view its not much of an improvement

Does noone here no this developer. Let me enlighten you.

GTR is on PC. This following footage is the PC version of GTR. Now awhile back Simbin were planning a port of it to 360. People harp on about GT5 graphics, GTR on PC is insane. However Simbin decided to add to the game and change the name for the 360 version hence the delay from Spring 2007. Below is a good representation of the final product of Race Pro. What follows is PC footage of GTR.

@ selnor )

I didn't critize the graphics that much - they don't look better than Forza2 (and come january you will hear that from every reviewer aswell), but as I said before still "good enough for me"

Don't get me wrong, I love Simbins PC games. I played GTR and GT Legends and thought they were fantastic, although I never managed to be really good in those games.

And that's exactly why I can't forgive Simbin for that gameplay visible in each of the videos on gamersyde, but especially in the Koenigsegg one, with those extremely cheap and unrealistic looking impacts with other cars and the fact, that although the player is a total noob he still manages to drive to the top ranks.

I had high hopes for this game and wanted it to bring realistic sims to consoles and in fact I still hope it manages to do so in sim mode, but the arcade mode (I pray to god that thing shown was the arcade mode) is less realistic than GRID with all driving asissts on.

Ofcourse I'm not stupid enough to expect YOU to consider anything I said and I guess the only thing you will do is "ad hominem" me even more, but I wanted the people that read our little "discussion" to understand my frustration with this game.

P.S.: Gamersyde _download_ videos are far better quality than Gametrailers, the compression they use is of a distinctly higher quality. The stream-videos aren't in HD resolution, which is why GT avi HD videos look better than those, but the flash HD videos don't.

And I'm not sure what kind of complain you have with gamersydes bandwith - I get 1.4MB/s from them if I dl a vid, while I get at most 260KB/s from GT per connection with a max of 2 connections.