By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS finishes Sony? ANOTHER Price-cut coming tomorrow in Europe

leo-j said:
This proves my point, Microsoft dont care about making money, they are in this to destroy a company.

Like sony, d@mn this companies are killing each other...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
Looks like M$ has too much money why not spending it on the world wide economical crisis, sure a lot of companies and banks can use it, instead of being so greedy to become "first". They've already defeated Sony its Nintendo they're now after, can't you see it?

Cutting prices inceases consumer consumption....

this grealy helps the world wide economic crisis.

If they were being greedy they wouldn't cut prices and would just let the money pile up.

Pristine20 said:
crumas2 said:
This won't by itself finish off the ps3, but if ms can force Sony out of the race after this generation, it will be a two-way race next generation and that just might be worth the upfront losses.

M$ can't force sony to do anything. They'll be making the decision for themselves. Even sega wasn't forced to do anything. They made the decision to can the dreamcast.

You are correct.  It's more likely the Sony stockholders would be the driving force to exit the console business if they decided MS was making the company bleed money for too long.

But this is all speculation.  Even if Sony bleeds red ink on the PS3 for most of the console's lifetime, the company might still decide to make another run of it with a less-bleeding (red ink)-edge console next generation.

I hope Microsoft continues to gain momentum over PS3.

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

will we see a price cut here in NA? or maybe one of you euro boys could ship me one over

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Thanks MikeB for looking it up for me.. cause it is strange that in Eindhoven had a different price... I gonna buy mine at saturn (same owner of mediamarkt) in Rotterdam cause I have to go there for work later this week.. Same 119 price.. http://www.saturn.nl/aanbiedingen/store_flash/175/index.php3

That's really great value...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

*~Onna76~* said:
Looks like M$ has too much money why not spending it on the world wide economical crisis, sure a lot of companies and banks can use it, instead of being so greedy to become "first". They've already defeated Sony its Nintendo they're now after, can't you see it?

Why would that be a bad thing?  Is Nintendo greedy for beating Microsoft and Sony this gen?

Yes, once Xbox has confidently cleared the PS3 out of the way they are going to go after the Wii.  What else would you expect?  I'm not saying they'll succeed mind you, but they are certainly going to try.

selnor said:
MikeB said:
Fumanchu said:
Mike you're still harping on about the supposed 'power' advantage? Thus far there's very little to support the theoretical claims of significant differences and definitely not $200 worth. Besides, that may be how YOU decide on a console but I think historically and even currently it shows that your mindset is a minority otherwise wouldn't the N64 have beat the PS1 and the Xbox beat the PS2? You need a new argument.

If you and others read this thread, I think you will be a whole lot wiser:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184843

Sorry to burst your bubble. But Kingdom Under Fire 2 is the best graphics in development. Although the platform hasnt been confirmed, we all know its an Xbox exclusive. It would make sense to be on PS3 if it were leading but well it's not. So if it was exclusive last gen to Xbox with losing the war, then it will be exclusive this gen. Even the spin offs were exclusive to 360. So we can very much assume this is 360 footage. (I'll be proved right). So looking at this video (and you'll notice watching it in HD it says Gameplay footage) that this kills games like KZ2 and the like for graphics. Look at the number of charatcers on screen. 1000?

And sales arguement.

LOOK AT MY SIG!

I'm sorry. A trailer that you think is gameplay footage won't do. I want to play the game first.

And we now have three price drops in one year for the 360.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

I'm sorry. A trailer that you think is gameplay footage won't do. I want to play the game first.

And we now have three price drops in one year for the 360.

No not really.. it just that some stores a bringing to price even lower.. it's not a microsoft price cut.. cause like MikeB and I discussed.. Same store chain, different location, different price...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

i totally agree with selnor, Gears 2 is by far the best looking game this gen. Character models and textures are unbeatable...