By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - game of the year reveals truth about GTA4

I’m pretty sure GTA4 payed for good review scores. The reason I say this is because I think it is not going to get game of the year even though it is the best reviewed game in gaming history. In comparison, Zelda Ocarina of Time was universally praised but also was awarded game of the year but a lot of magazines and websites. But I didn’t like GTA4 as much as everyone else did so maybe i'm wrong, however all my friends also thought GTA4 was kinda boring and the general jist from the interent feels as if it was scored too high as well.

That's just my theory

Anyway, what game do you think deserves game of the year?

Around the Network

It does especially bcoz the other recent game thats rated 2nd behind GTA4 actually won tons of GOTY awards SMG

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Wait your trusting the opinion of a journalist on VIDEO GAMES?

In fact there not even journalists because most the news and interviews are given to them and most haven't even touched a titty in there life.

I can't trust a man who hasn't touched titty.

KylieDog said:
Deserves GOTY? Not much. Certainly not overhyped crap like GTA4, MGS4, GoW2 and so forth.

GTA4 has to get GOTY though or all reviewers will pretty much admitting they talked out their arse when reviewing it.

They already admitted that when they gave the PC version the comment "feels the same as the console version" alongside the metacritic average of 93

Fact - GTA4 got 54 100% scores out of 86 on meta

SMG got 27 100% scores out of 73 on meta

Bloody lying journalists

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Deserves GOTY? Not much. Certainly not overhyped crap like GTA4, MGS4, GoW2 and so forth.

GTA4 has to get GOTY though or all reviewers will pretty much admitting they talked out their arse when reviewing it.

Most reviewers gave MGS and GTA (roughly) the same score. Metacritic just got a lot more reviews for GTA4, and we all know Metacritic likes to doctor their scores to fit their tastes (Variety and Official Playstation Magazine Australia, anyone? Seriously, does OPMA even exist?)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I say Prince of Persia is 2008's best game.

i'm voting for world of goo for goty.

honerable mentions goto mk wii and ssbb.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

I think it will get 360 Game of the Year and overall Game of the Year at IGN with Metal Gear Solid 4 being PS3 Game of the Year and GTA IV's only real competition for overall Game of the Year. I knew GTA IV was a special game the moment I walked Nico Bellic into his room and heard one of my favorite Smashing Pumpkins (one of my top five favorite bands of all time)' songs coming from the radio, then I turned on the tv and saw the best satires of modern society that I had ever seen in any popular media with the possible exception of South Park, and despite the haters and naysayers (who really didn't like the game only because it got higher reviews than certain games that they preferred egs. Gears I fans but GTA IV was also to the unbiased eye clearly superior to Gears accounting for its score.  If Gears and Bioshock received a 94  and 97 (same as Mario Galaxy) and  GTA was clearly superior it had to get better review scores see and it did and that my friends is why the review system isn't broken; and Zelda fans that were upset that it scored just as high as Ocarina and that apparently prefer to follow green clad fairy boys through the woods than to play a game which features real life problems as a main concern but since GTA 4 was just as good as Ocarina -- to be honest Ocarina still has a higher Metacritic score but having played them both, I can honestly say that I prefer GTA IV and MGS4 --and the original Soul Calibur on Dreamcast, then it deserved the same score, ya dig), and it only got better from there.

I also think that GTA IV was a primary influence on at least three of the greatest Youtube videos of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVhqJ4pRTlI&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNU63y3EGhs&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbfE_cFJSQ0&feature=channel_page

Equally classic stuff right there.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

KylieDog said:

Out of interest, what do you think should be Game of The Year? Wii Music?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective