By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - game of the year reveals truth about GTA4

Soon we'll have people saying BowFlex is Goty.....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

If you Wii Fit deserves to be Game of the Year folks were pushing for a Nintendo game to be Game of the Year primarily because of its sales, it would be Mario Kart because it is a game (even though it is still the same old same old) it is a game. If you were being honest and pushing for the best Wii game to be a candidate for Game of the Year it would either have to be Super Smash Brothers followed by The World of Goo and then The Lost Winds.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Im not pushing, simply trying to liberate your ignorant view of what a game should be.

But, i also think neither S or MS will create a game as complimentary as Wii Sports / Fit is too their respective peripherals or controls, this is another reason why the games deserve credit. Isn't Nintendogs like this, suited to its controls perfectly.

Since you read subtitles you probably already know what a movie could ultimately be, why not a game.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

If you can't defeat it, try to disqualify it.

Wii Fit is a game whether you like it or not. Can you tell me that fliping your Mii dressed as a penguin from side to side to catch fish and achieve a high score isn't a game? Just because it's not played with a traditional controller doesn't make it any less of a game. If you had to press a series of buttons to get the perfect yoga pose nobody would argue it's not a game.

This reminds me of the stupid Obama is not a US citizen campaign. They knew they couldn't win so they tried to disqualify him.

Signature goes here!

I wouldn't argue that Wii Fit is GOTY.

However, I will say this: in 10 years time, Wii Fit will be remembered whereas GTAIV will have been forgotten.

Around the Network

Honestly, if any Wii game deserves to be GOTY, it's Wii Music. Best multiplayer experience this generation has given us to date.

But the reviewers invested too much time and energy into smearing this game since its announcement, and they won't let their minor victory -Wii Music's low initial sales- go to waste. This game won't even be nominated.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

I can't wait to see GTA 4 named Game of the Year despite all the protests. It will be awesome!

Heavens to Murgatoids.

BTFeather55 said:
I can't wait to see GTA 4 named Game of the Year despite all the protests. It will be awesome!

That would be sweet. Oh the anger from those guys who are hating gta.

BTFeather55 said:

"Now i come to you with a set of bathroom scales and tell you it will sell millions of copies, get lots of people interested in video games"

Yeah? How many people that bought Wii Fit as a result of CBS News saying it was good for seniors to exercise with immediately went out and bought a copy of Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers, or Metroid Prime 3: Corruption the next time they went near a Game Stop? And, it doesn't count if they got the Wii, Wii Fit, and then went out and bought the grandkids those games, because Wii Fit totally failed to get the purchasers in this case interested in the other games.

The purchasers of wii fit would not be interested in other games cause they allready have the best video game there is why go backwards ? - nintendo make their money sell the game and the console it's all good.

It's the thin edge of the wedge the console will be used by someone else too or mabey the owner will get another balance board game like seaun white snowboarding or whatever.

I don't buy games for my PS3 i just use it for a blu-disk player but Sony still have a better chance than MS or Nintendo to sell me a game. Sadly though all PS3 games are crap so far - like very few of them even have proper sixaxis support ! but who knows mabey they will come up with something good or interesting in a few years and then i will buy it.

PS3 number 1 fan

megaman79 said:
Even in 2006 Wii Sports wasn't rated the best game by all sites. How can a game that constantly brings people back to it time and time again not be the best game of the year.

A game that sells in the top 5 in all regions for over 6 months should qualify, irrelevent of what peoples definition is of a game, and it shames me to think that it shouldn't just because its not what you define as a game. Thats kinda stupid, ignorant and thoughtless if u ask me.

The same way Armageddon or Independence Day or any crap blockbuster doesn't earn best film of the year...

If you want to argue the game on its merits, I'm all for that. Sales DON'T MATTER.

Period.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/