By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - game of the year reveals truth about GTA4

BTFeather55 said:

I wasn't disappointed when Mario Galaxy won Game of the Year. I bought a copy of the game for my nephew for Christmas last year. And what is getting people worked up is the fact that I'm saying that GTA 4 is a good game that was worthy of the review scores that it received and of winning Game of the Year. If I can think Mario Galaxy is an excellent game, then why can't they see that GTA IV is as well?

Simple - because they don't think it is.

Quality is subjective, it's not a fact GTA IV is a great game. Some people think it is, some don't. Same goes for SMG - hell, I may be a huge Nintendo fan, but I didn't enjoy the game as much as, say, CoD4.

Aren't there some awards you disagree with? In games, movies (Oscars), anything? People just want their opinions to be acknowledged, I guess it feels good when you've got awards to back you up. I'm no exception, GTA IV isn't really my thing, so I'd prefer GOTY awards going to something more to my tastes. I just don't argue about it (like some here), because I know it's a waste of time - we're simply not to convince each other that our preferred game is better (it doesn't help that most people are unreasonably close-minded).

@rocketpig: I think he was acknowledging games were harder, wasn't he?

Around the Network

Do you guys know how how good the people who called out on GTA high reviews before everyone else feel? Amazing.

Except for the fact that GTA is higher than SMG on Gamerankings. This is a disgrace to the industry (most of the Top 100 is in general but I won't go that far).

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

c0rd said:
BTFeather55 said:

I wasn't disappointed when Mario Galaxy won Game of the Year. I bought a copy of the game for my nephew for Christmas last year. And what is getting people worked up is the fact that I'm saying that GTA 4 is a good game that was worthy of the review scores that it received and of winning Game of the Year. If I can think Mario Galaxy is an excellent game, then why can't they see that GTA IV is as well?

Simple - because they don't think it is.

Quality is subjective, it's not a fact GTA IV is a great game. Some people think it is, some don't. Same goes for SMG - hell, I may be a huge Nintendo fan, but I didn't enjoy the game as much as, say, CoD4.

Aren't there some awards you disagree with? In games, movies (Oscars), anything? People just want their opinions to be acknowledged, I guess it feels good when you've got awards to back you up. I'm no exception, GTA IV isn't really my thing, so I'd prefer GOTY awards going to something more to my tastes. I just don't argue about it (like some here), because I know it's a waste of time - we're simply not to convince each other that our preferred game is better (it doesn't help that most people are unreasonably close-minded).

@rocketpig: I think he was acknowledging games were harder, wasn't he?

Nah, feather and I had an earlier argument...

And I'll put this quote to him:

To make the merry go round go faster - so that everyone needs to hang on tighter - just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Well, GTA IV received its first of many big Game of the Year awards at Spike's VGAs last night. I guess the truth that that reveals is that it is a great game, the best of 2008, and it has an awesome new chapter called The Lost and The Damned headed exclusively to the 360 in early 2009.

Heavens to Murgatoids.