By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 5 Demo Impressions

Game looks divine and plays (with type-A controls) like RE4.

I can't wait for it, playing the demo has ruined my perseption of other games, now available.

Around the Network

I'll download this saturday, I hope it's good. Will buy it anyway, but the previews have got me somewhat worried.
I really hope it's not a regular 3rd person shooter.

Onyxmeth said:

I tried to play my demo today and it wouldn't work anymore. I have two copies and both gave me a message in Japanese. Is the demo shut down now?

Yeah. There's news reports of Microsoft IP tracking and blocking the co-op from the demos outside of Japan.

MS Region locked the game.

There is a way to still play it if you find the demo RAR files online, and then extract them to a CD.

you could try logging off and playing RE5 offline and see if that helps..

Around the Network

Yeah, the demo is region-locked now, so don't bother trying to download it with a Japanese Live account if you don't have a Japanese console. They must be blocking out-of-region online play as well. You can still download the demo and burn it to a disc to play offline, though.

I guess we'll have to wait for the NA demo to do the co-op, Onyx. :)

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I have the demo burnt to a DVD, so it must be them tracking me over Live. Oh well. At least the single player will still work though.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I kinda liked it.

The controls are horrible IMO but that's just because i'm used to RE4Wii. Only other thing that bothers me is this chick, and the AI but it still has 3 months to go so we'll see..

I thought they were modifying the controls to make it less like RE4 and more like a Gears... have they not implemented this yet? i.e. is this the same demo and control scheme that was at E3?

http://kotaku.com/5044077/capcom-confirms-resident-evil-5-controls-change

http://kotaku.com/5025630/dont-be-surprised-if-there-are-re5-controls-surprises

Alright, so I just tried a few minutes with the RE4 control scheme, and found it to be more enjoyable than I had initially with the "new" setup. I'll have to give it another proper go later, when I have more time.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.