By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If You Could Have Changed 1 Thing in Each Console's Release

Wii- Motion+ and a lot more storage space
PS3- cheaper
360- No RROD

Around the Network

For all those saying that the PS3 should have been cheaper:

What would you remove from the PS3? Sony can't just eat even bigger loses than they actually had. Since more would sell at that lower price, Sony would lose even more.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

The 360 would have better hardware, the PS3 would be half the price, and the Wii would have decent third-party games.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
theRepublic said:
For all those saying that the PS3 should have been cheaper:

What would you remove from the PS3? Sony can't just eat even bigger loses than they actually had. Since more would sell at that lower price, Sony would lose even more.

Sure, but this is just fantasizing here.  We could say the same about the 360--if it had better hardware, it would have pushed back the launch several months due to the extra R&D.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Munkeh111 said:
TRios_Zen said:
Wii - no change
360 - no RROD
PS3 - no wi-fi (give your consumers choice) and lower price.

IF 360 didn't have the stigma of the RROD and the PS3 launched at a reasonable entry price can you imagine what VGCHARTZ would look like then??

The 20GB lacked wi-fi, but that model was only in US and Japan

I did not know that...learned something today! 

I don't think the Wi-Fi would make a big cost adjustment, it just bothers me that I'd have to pay ANY amount for something I totally will never use (router behind my tv for Tivo, 360 and eventually a PS3 and Wii).

Around the Network

Wii - more of it

360 - better hardware

PS3 - lower price

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Playstion3 - Better Firmware
Wii - External HDD Support or Internal HDD of atleast 10GB
360 - Released later and better tested.

4 ≈ One

Wii - Come on at least 720p and/or a little more powerful

PS3 - Instead of saying price, I'll go with games. Resistance was the only good game for months. Should be at least 3 games or so at launch.

360 - No Red Rings!!! What is it like 24 million now? I'd bet its at least 30 million without RRoD.

Wii-3rd parties instantly love and support it
360-Be more Japan-friendly
Ps3- same features, lower launch price

Enjoy

Wii - a least 2 gig flash and support for USB mass storage

PS3 - have two models one without blu-ray one with and make all games support DVD Format so lets say $299 and $499 $200 for the blu-ray and a bigger hard drive

360 - More hardware testing and no core system instead a 20 gig and a 60 gig with wifi also have built in batteries in controllers