By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If You Could Have Changed 1 Thing in Each Console's Release

If You Could Have Changed 1 Thing in Each Console's Release, what would it have been?

Wii - Add Wi-Fi with Wii Sports

PS3 - Remove SIXAXIS and add Dual-Shock 3

360* - Noise! Make the console run cooler and quieter.

As for DS and PSP, I really don't know much about them, so I won't set an opinion, although feel free to do so!

*I would have said "Fix the RROD!" but these types of things are set by percentages in each console, so there was no actual way MS could foresee the RROD. I guess one could say "test your console out more!".

Around the Network

Wii -- Add Wii Fit

PS3 -- $599 NO NO NO $299

360 -- DELAY by a year so NO RROD!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

^Lol at your 360 pick!

Launch the PS3 with a $400 price tag...

Wii... all's good there.. nothing needs to be changed.

360... test it more..

Wii- more units at launch.
Xbox 360- tested their console more.
ps3- where do i start, High price point, no worldwide release, Lack of availability, lack of launch games, sixaxis, crappy advertising, bullshit PR.

Wii - Even more units!
360 - Test the console properly
PS3 - Price!!!!

Around the Network

Wii - no change
360 - no RROD
PS3 - no wi-fi (give your consumers choice) and lower price.

IF 360 didn't have the stigma of the RROD and the PS3 launched at a reasonable entry price can you imagine what VGCHARTZ would look like then??

Wii - Magically know ahead of time how popular Wii would be and already have production up around 2 - 2.5 million from the very beginning. Alternately, have had the 2nd accelerometer built in from the very beginning.

PS3 - Pull the price down by $100 for the model with full Backwards compatibility($500 instead of $600), and have ONE other SKU without backwards compatibility that is $150 cheaper than that ($350). That way people who already have a PS2 can get the cheaper one, People who want the "whole deal" can get the more expensive one. Keep those 2 models all the way through.

360 - Text properly instead of trying to get a year early release, so RRoD doesn't happen, duh.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Wii - Already had motionplus tech, because I thought that's what it could do in the first place, but I was wrong.

PS3 - I would keep the weird boomarang controller or had bluray free version that didn't cost so much.

360 - HDMI port

Wii - MOAR COLORS!!
360 - test it more
PS3 - price and not have made it so complicated to develope. (but I doubt that could have been changed).

PS3 - Get a more finalized version of firmware ready.
360 - Had enough supply for the first 6 months.
Wii - Nothing, really, it's been the biggest success story in gaming since day one.