By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone else get the old SNES RPG names mixed up?

I've spent YEARS touting how great Illusion of Gaia was/is, only to realize today that I had it confused with The 7th Saga. Not to say that Illusion of Gaia isn't great, as it IS the sequel to one of my all time favs - Soul Blazer. I've done this with a few RPGs on the SNES now.

Around the Network

Nope.

I still play SNES RPGs on a near-regular basis so they're always pretty fresh on my mind (was playing 7th Saga again 2 weeks ago - hard ass game).

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

bardicverse said:

I've spent YEARS touting how great Illusion of Gaia was/is, only to realize today that I had it confused with The 7th Saga. Not to say that Illusion of Gaia isn't great, as it IS the sequel to one of my all time favs - Soul Blazer. I've done this with a few RPGs on the SNES now.

Don't forget Terranigma aswell :p

And Illustion of Gaia was called Illustion of Time here in Europe.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I always mix up Illusion of Gaia and Secret of Evermore. I don't know why.

Nope I don't... And I couldn't get into those games, not sure why. I LOVED Terranigma though.

Around the Network

Oh hoho, that silly Bardicverse...

Never.

Although my tongue's sometime slips, and I call Robotrek "Robotech."

I didn't play most of them until recently, and yeah, since they don't have a uniform organization with their names, it's a bit confusing.

SW-5120-1900-6153

gaia had the great inca bird sign on the ground right?

There are so many of these I never got to play... Though I was still lucky enough to be importing my own RPGs from the states, I still missed a few of them :/

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Naum said:
bardicverse said:

And Illustion of Gaia was called Illustion of Time here in Europe.

Hmm Terranigma? I dont think Ive played that one. Ever play EVO? Was sort of a Evolution rpg/adventure game. LOVED that one.

bardicverse said:
Naum said:
bardicverse said:

Hmm Terranigma? I dont think Ive played that one. E

Terranigma was the last game in the Soul Blazer trilogy. It also never released here in the States, which is likely why you didn't play it. It was alright, but it fell apart towards the end, in my opinion. I still like Soul Blazer the best (I play it at least twice a year still. Fantastic fun).