By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will HD consoles be forgotten?

Millennium said:
chasmatic12 said:
bugrimmar said:
the difference is, hd console owners actually play their games a lot.

wii games are played by their owners maybe once a week, or even less on average.

so no, hd consoles will not be forgotten. third parties currently ignore the wii for the most part. majority of owners are casual (look at call of duty world at war sales on the wii) that only play very seldom.

From exactly what part of your ass did you pull that out?

His pituitary gland (which he clearly keeps there, along with the rest of his brain).  Gotta keep those adolescent aggression/domination hormones rushing around, you know.

these are some incredible inferences.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

Around the Network

If the HD consoles are forgotten and next gen is Wii-like i will drop gaming completly.

The gap won't be as big as the PS2-Xbox and GC gap, so no, the HD consoles will not be forgotten.

And Square Enix can hardly be taken as an example for all publishers. Square Enix follows money more than anyone else.

Oh and it certainly will not be by 2010. The miniature HD wars will still be going on, because the PS3 and 360 are not GC-scale failures, they will both finish the gen with over 50 million consoles sold. And people actually care which one wins. Last gen, a PS2 gave you basically the same experience as the GC and Xbox, but with better games, and for a cheaper price. The Wii gives you a totally different experience, with a cheap price. The quality of the games is opinion. Some love them, some hate them.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The gamecube and xbox were not forgotten. They just were not discussed as much. Will be same with PS3/360, but to a lesser extent. The PS360 doesn't have the greatness that the wii has, but they are better in enough areas over the wii, compared to relatively less where the gamecube was better then the ps2.

You could say the PS2 received about 85% of the attention toward the end. GC, XBOX, etc... share the remaining 15%.

It will probably be 70% wii and 30% PS360.

Cthulhu said:
If the HD consoles are forgotten and next gen is Wii-like i will drop gaming completly.

Good. Your demographic and its dominance has been poisoning this industry for far too long, and every one of you who drops out will only help speed gaming's recovery from the wounds inflicted by those with the gall to call themselves "hardcore."

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

That's stupid. When the Wii gets multiplats that outsell their 360 (or even PS3) counterparts across all genres, call me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It already happens on some genres. In about 2 years, it will be across all.

It's not so much a case of memory but relevance.

All the platforms had their amazing titles 1st or 3rd party but in the end refference can only be achieved through relevance and exposure.

Wii Sports & Wii Fit will have a lot of exposure but for those on this website for the gaming intents will not see the relevance while those here for the marketing/business points will see their relevance.

In the end, the games the will be brought up the most will probably be, Mario Kart and Wii Fit... coinciding with those two games being the top sellers.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

jlauro said:

Exactly, so let me know. I'm wondering why Nintendo isn't able to get the casual sports gamers.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
jlauro said:

Exactly, so let me know. I'm wondering why Nintendo isn't able to get the casual sports gamers.

They probably could of been a lot closer if the didn't mess up the covers with bobble heads.