By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will HD consoles be forgotten?

Forgotten? No. Because the PS360 have such overwhelming support within the "core" gamer community. You can pretty much treat it as one development platform in terms of 3rd party games (since most or all of them are declaring exclusivity to be dead), and most of the heavy-hitting franchises are there

That being said, the Wii will be remembered much longer. The people being brought in through the wii will remember it as fondly as the gamers who started with the PlayStation remember it, or the people who started with the NES recall that console. Miis will be retro-hip in 20 years like 8-bit Mario is today, etc.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

No, there still not has been a complete reverse where 3rd parties are focusing on Wii, most major development is still focused on PS360, and sales of games like the Call of Duties are going to encourage them to keep on doing that

no i think it will be more that the Wii is the winner of the generation but whatever the second place console is will still get a lot of attention. the hd console that "loses" might get shoved to the side but no forgotten

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

I don't think owners of the HD consoles are rushing out to trade in their system for a Wii.

It actually may go the other way, assuming Wii is building up a base for the HD consoles/future consoles (like NES did).

The day that Call of Duty (insert number) sells more on the Wii then the PS360 is the day your prediction comes true.

Around the Network

That will never happen in this generation of games...Unless 360 and PS3 sales start to drastically decrease. I don't think the Wii will ever get the support the PS2 got. It's amazingly high sales are don't necessarily have to come at a cost to the PS3/360 third party support.

unrealistic. there are too many great games on the hd consoles and only nintendo is making good games(or successful sellers) on the wii ,heard something interesting from the bonus round at GT, one guy said that to most wii owners the wii is not the main form of entertainment is the third or second, but to ps360 owner those are the main form of entertainment. So i think the wii will be accompanied by a ps3 or 360 in homes where there are hardcore gamers.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

no way dude. Xbox was forgettable with only a few good titles like Halo 1 and 2. Gamecube had all the good Nintendo first party titles, but it was a forgettable purple box.

This gen the 2nd and 3rd place consoles have a lot to be remembered for. PS3 for its blu ray innovation and amazing games/graphics, and 360 for Live as well as some great games.

No-one wil forget PS3 as it has the best game ever MGS4 on it.

No-one will forget 360 cus it has GEOW...the game that defined the first part of this gen. (well it was the first which showed what kind of grfx were possible)

& please do not use DQX as an example of wii 3rd party support to come.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I fink the HD consoles still get most of the hard-core, traditional gamers. PS360 is doing great. While the Wii attracts casual (adult) semi-gamers, families, smaller kids and "hip" people that just wants every electronic device that is considered to be "in".