By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest X officially announced for Wii

Neos said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Who are the Devs of this game anyway? is it even Square or what?

Square never does the dragon quest games. That's totally handled by Enix. About this game it's either level-5, enix themselves or some other well known developer

Wrong! Enix has never created Dragon Quest only published it. Chunsoft, Heart Beat are mostly the 2 main devs who worked at the DQ series until DQVIII. Square Enix now only takes care of the spin off games like Dragon Quest Monsters, Dragon Quest Swords, Dragon Quest Heroes, main game have always been developed by others.

I'm concerned as it wouldn't turn out to be as disappointing as DQS, with Level 5 you can be nearly rest assured that it will turn out just well.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

Megaton! Makes sense though, SE tested the waters with Dragon Quest Swords, and that game sold extremely well, especially for such a mediocre game.

I wonder if Level 5 will develop it?I sure hope so...

A megaton would be if this was announced on the next-generation XBOX console. If this was a launch game for The 720 in JP, that would be CRAZY!!!!!

I8A_4RE said:
What, is this game coming to DS as well!? I don't think THAT is confirmed!

created december 10th.

joke account, lol

Around the Network
Ail said:

If it's like DQ VIII and it gets released first in Japan and then localized and released in US 6 months after, it might actually be 2-2.5 years before DQ X gets released in the US...

Anyway it's nice for the Wii but at the time it will be released it's doubtfull it will still have that much impact on the console war ( but Wii already won anyway).

The point is that DQ always goes to the winning console, after it has already won. That is why it gets announced late and is usually quite late in the consoles lifecycle.

So Squeenix has finally decided which is the winning console this gen in their eyes. FFXIII was a committment made before the gen. DQ is a statement that Wii won.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Well, it makes sense seeing as how IX is on the DS. It also seems as if Square is honoring their committment to put high profile rpgs on all the systems this gen. Another reason to get a Wii one day.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Faxanadu said:
Ail said:

If it's like DQ VIII and it gets released first in Japan and then localized and released in US 6 months after, it might actually be 2-2.5 years before DQ X gets released in the US...

Anyway it's nice for the Wii but at the time it will be released it's doubtfull it will still have that much impact on the console war ( but Wii already won anyway).

The point is that DQ always goes to the winning console, after it has already won. That is why it gets announced late and is usually quite late in the consoles lifecycle.

So Squeenix has finally decided which is the winning console this gen in their eyes. FFXIII was a committment made before the gen. DQ is a statement that Wii won.

Final Fantasy XIV Wii? :D  That would give trestres a heart attack... which would actually make me happy... DO IT SQUARE DO IT NOW!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Chrizum said:
Megaton! Makes sense though, SE tested the waters with Dragon Quest Swords, and that game sold extremely well, especially for such a mediocre game.

that's what i'm thinkng as well

Dragon Quest Swords was a spin-off of the original series and it's almost a million seller, imagine what Dragon Quest 10 can do!!

it will sure make the Wii sell a lot in Japan, the game will surely sell a couple of millions, especially with Wii games legs....!

then maybe SE shows even more love to the Wii! :   )

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Sweet, another RPG to the Wii.