By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shock!: Monster Hunter 3 coming to PSP (Rumor)

dabaus513 said:
Wasnt this the title that wiitards kept pointing to as the shining example of wii 3rd party support and after MH3, all 3rd parties would see how green the grass was on the wii? This is that same game right?

Err...

I wouldn't call Wii owners Wii-tards, and I don't believe it was ever said that after MH3 Third-parties would change their tune.  I do believe it was a title that people in general thought showed how much Capcom does believe in the Wii though.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Acevil said:
DMeisterJ said:
Acevil said:
Wait this is the same group of people who complained about MGS4-360 rumours. Anyone else find that funny.

Err...  This is tons different.

One is a rumour that has refused to die even in the face of the game creator and publisher stating that this wasn't the case (MGS4).  The other is a game whose popularity is owed to the platfrom (PSP) and which has received ports of the other console games in the series (MHP, MHP2 and MHP2G are MH, MH2, and MHG respectively).  This rumor has just started up while the MGS rumor has been around for years now. 

Tons of difference.

To me, a rumour is a rumour. Sugar coating it does not change the fact that is rumour. Also while people know it is rumour they act like it is fact.

If I believed in rumours I would haven't got 360 because Ace Combat 6 was rumoured to go ps3 and I know how that ended.

So I can't post rumor threads anymore?

Who is sugarcoating it?  This is fact.  The other 3 in the series have gotten PSP ports, this one will too.  I thought this was common knowledge.

And what does you believing rumors have to do with this thread?

No, people can post rumours, but some of the posts prove people are going to act like it is fact already. You seem like one of them truth be told.

Sugarcoating means that you are trying to justify the rumour.

Last question I can't really justify my reasoning I guess.

But this is exactly like the ace combat 6 rumour. Just ace combat 6 rumour had a better source and was actually "confirmed" by PSM3 for 2008, but than again no one followed the ace combat rumour besides ace combat fans.

@DmesiterJ

sorry but apart from the Wii-tards bit dabaus is completely correct

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@DmeisterJ

How powerful did you think the psp was

mM
Acevil said:
DMeisterJ said:
Acevil said:
DMeisterJ said:
Acevil said:
Wait this is the same group of people who complained about MGS4-360 rumours. Anyone else find that funny.

Err...  This is tons different.

One is a rumour that has refused to die even in the face of the game creator and publisher stating that this wasn't the case (MGS4).  The other is a game whose popularity is owed to the platfrom (PSP) and which has received ports of the other console games in the series (MHP, MHP2 and MHP2G are MH, MH2, and MHG respectively).  This rumor has just started up while the MGS rumor has been around for years now. 

Tons of difference.

To me, a rumour is a rumour. Sugar coating it does not change the fact that is rumour. Also while people know it is rumour they act like it is fact.

If I believed in rumours I would haven't got 360 because Ace Combat 6 was rumoured to go ps3 and I know how that ended.

So I can't post rumor threads anymore?

Who is sugarcoating it?  This is fact.  The other 3 in the series have gotten PSP ports, this one will too.  I thought this was common knowledge.

And what does you believing rumors have to do with this thread?

No, people can post rumours, but some of the posts prove people are going to act like it is fact already. You seem like one of them truth be told.

Sugarcoating means that you are trying to justify the rumour.

Last question I can't really justify my reasoning I guess.

But this is exactly like the ace combat 6 rumour. Just ace combat 6 rumour had a better source and was actually "confirmed" by PSM3 for 2008, but than again no one followed the ace combat rumour besides ace combat fans.

Yes, I do act like this is fact already, because it is.

The precedent is there, the userbase is there, the dollar signs are there, and it's Capcom.  Multi-plat is their middle name.

Around the Network

Hmm well from the looks of it, still seems that it would be a Wii exclusive for awhile. And the whole PSP thing is an assumption. More realistically this should be Rumor: MH3 maybe not a Wii exclusive? But of course journalism is so bad nowadays it's not surprising assumption would take place.

But a port of MH3, or Monster Hunter Freedom 3 on PSP would not be that surprising but I doubt it would take away from MH3 on Wii.

leo-j said:
@DmeisterJ

How powerful did you think the psp was

Powerful as in horsepower?  Isn't it like 333mhz or something like that?

Why?

darthdevidem01 said:
@DmesiterJ

No

No he isn't

Zucas said:
Hmm well from the looks of it, still seems that it would be a Wii exclusive for awhile. And the whole PSP thing is an assumption. More realistically this should be Rumor: MH3 maybe not a Wii exclusive? But of course journalism is so bad nowadays it's not surprising assumption would take place.

But a port of MH3, or Monster Hunter Freedom 3 on PSP would not be that surprising but I doubt it would take away from MH3 on Wii.

D'you mean the title of my thread should read "Rumor: MH3 may not be a Wii exclusive?". 

Why, prayetll?

We all know that Monster Hunter Freedom 3 is coming to PSP.  I don't see how it couldn't given the huge success and fanbase it has on the system.  It'd be like asking not to sell an additional 2 million copies of a game.

Khuutra said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@DmesiterJ

No

No he isn't

Yes

Yes he is.

as it was really the only "big" 3rd party wii title....care to name any others.

Apart from that it was just...."next E3 3rd party's will come to wii"........very similar to crazzyman's "X game will make Ps3 kill A & B console".

He just put it bluntly & in a mean way.

& I want wii to get good 3rd Party support in Japan.....its the only way 360 exclusive JRPG's will stop..n they willc oem to the wii so I can play em

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey