By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA cutting more jobs, issues warnings of lower sales and profit

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (AP) -- Video game publisher Electronic Arts says it expects revenue and earnings for fiscal 2009 to miss its prior outlook because of weaker-than-expected holiday sales -- and it may cut more jobs to reduce costs.

The Redwood City-based Electronic Arts Inc., which publishes the "Madden" football video game series, said Tuesday its sales in North America and Europe were below expectations.

The company says it does not plan to provide an updated forecast for the year.

In October, EA predicted earnings per share of $1 and $1.40 for the fiscal year ending in March. The company also said at the time it plans to cut between 500 to 600 jobs across all functions and locations to lower costs.

Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect the company to report earnings of $1.16 per share in fiscal 2009.

EA says it is reducing its product portfolio for fiscal 2010 with more job cuts and facility consolidations.

Source:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Electronic-Arts-warns-on-2009-apf-13787862.html

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Put it up...

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

OK, I will. Lock the thread.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Why is every news nowadays a bad news

are we just living in bad times?

When will these gloomy days go away?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The Wii boxart really kill the sales of Madden

Around the Network

Well no need to lock it...just make sure we have a VGC take on EA flailing on the front page.

People are free to talk about it.

Its interesting that Sony and EA announce cuts on the same day.  They were a match made in heaven from about 1995 to 2005. I'm not sure if its inevitable yet, but Activision music properties seem to perform stronger on Wii than any EA properties, and so if the rest of the stuff performs roughly equal on the HD consoles, portables, PC, and mobile devices, then solid Wii music games could be the item that pushes Activision-Blizzard above EA in size for the forseeable future.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

MANUELF said:

Joke post?

I wonder if Spore sold as much as expected.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

DMeisterJ said:
MANUELF said:

Joke post?

Oh no, you again?

Economic depression is getting extreme

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot