By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY - Heavy Rain to be of a new genre -- "Interactive Drama"

HappySqurriel said:

"Interactive Drama" it hasn't (really) been tried since the early 1990s with CD-Rom games that were (almost) always awful ...

Ah, remember the old Tex Murphy games? I loved those! And there was this one game called Conspiracy I think, some of these were gold! Most were tosh though, like you said.

Around the Network

i seen heavy rain, looks promising but its really a very unknown game. the only reason i found out about it cause i was searching on goole for games to buy on ps3. didn't find anything i wanted, then search ps3 exclusives to specifity some promising games and found a video of Heavy Rain

i hope it lives B3yond its hype, and its publish by sony so its a exclusive with on question marks. just wondering when is sony going to start talking more about this game

one of the reasons ps3 is a unique console hope im blown away with this game as i was with uncharted

i like the part about it's really not played on the control pad, as much as in your head. It's about making choices and consequences, it's not about twitch gaming and how good you are

like woopah said this game will live or die by the story

So the story better be good

Play Me

well story has to be good or everything about this game will go down

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I can't wait for this game! One thing that I'd love to see them do is use it as a sort of 'store', where if you have the Heavy Rain game disc (for the game engine) you can download new 'Movies' made on the same engine by other licensees. Sort of like an iTunes for Heavy Rain movies.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Can't wait.

4 ≈ One

@thekitchensink

now thats an interesting idea!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Do people just like pretending Indigo Prophecy never existed?

Its hardly a new genre, more like an underutilised one.

Khuutra said:
Do people just like pretending Indigo Prophecy never existed?

I played but never beated Indigo Prophecy.  From what I heard, a lot of people didn't like a plot twist that was revealed in the last 1/3 of the game.  It basically involved aliens.  Other than that, I know nothing about the twist.

Heavy Rain's story better be good.  If it isn't the game won't be good.  The game just looks amazing.