By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wii just short of 50000 units sold in switzerland

^^ Ups, looks like I did misspell Brawl there, Ben is going to be überangry, I would say lots of german speakers  also sound very stupid when you hear them speak english, but since I´m a native speaker I might be to picky. But yeah the german language is very precise and has a beautiful sound if spoken right, to bad most english speakers think we all sound like Schwartznegger.

Around the Network

I don't agree that the german language has a beautiful sound, but it really is very precise and therefore great for literature.

Of course I would never write a word like Doppelgänger without the dots, but the english way to spell Zürich is Zurich, and there is also an assurance that is called Zurich financial services.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Hey nintendo_fanboy.

I figured I'd move our politics talk out of the mailbox and on to the forum.

We'll pick up with your last message

Ok here we go, these are the five most important parties:

Green Party (10 %): They are much the same as everywhere, very much on the left side and against pollution.

The SP (Social Party, 23 %): They are a little more on the left than in other european countries, but more or less the same. They are pro social welfare and sometimes pro higher taxes, they have a liberal approach to society. They are also pro-EU which is a heavy debate here.

The FDP (Liberal Party, 17 %): They are pro economics but also looking for good social welfare. They are trying to make the education system better and have also a liberal approach to society which means trying to achieve structures that allow the mothers to work and such things. They are also pro-EU but not as much as the SP.

The CVP (Christian party, 15 %): They are pretty much the same as the FDP, a little less liberal but a little more conservative and social instead. They are not sure about EU.

The SVP (conservative party, 26 %): They are pro economics but not in every question. They are very conservative, nationalist and against foreigners. They are very much against EU.

informative party breakdown, thanks.
As for Canada, we more or less have those five parties. HOWEVER, there are some differences. And as much as I hate using the left wing/right wing dichotomy, I'm going to use it now just to keep things simple.

First off, our Christian party, the Christian Heritage Party, Has almost no support. They only run candidates in very few ridings and recieve far less than one percent of the vote.

The Green party is growing it's political support, but still hasn't won a seat yet. That said, they are unlike most other green parties in that their polilcy is considerably more right wing economically. They focus largely on shifting the tax code to reduce polution, and are big on tax cuts.

Our big four parties are the Liberals, Conservatives, New Democratic party and the Bloc Quebecios.

The Liberals, Conservatives and New Democratic parties (NDP) are fairly like you've mentioned in Switzerland. I'd say that the NDP aren't as fundamentalist, but that just might be my personal bias.

The other party, the Bloc, is based entirely in the province of Quebec. They're main focus is Quebec sovereignty and their ideology is centre left.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Wii is probably over 50000 units in switzerland by now.

RolStoppable said:
stof, what you posted is completely off topic and doesn't belong in this thread. This is the sales discussion forum.

Yeah? Well YOU'RE completely off topic and don't beling in this thread.

oh burn.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

rename the thread:

RolStoppable and nintendo_fanboy's useless thread.

so how many units sold in switzerland now?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

This thread is not a junkyard. Where else will we be able to discuss the upcoming USA-Switzerland friendly in peace?

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

NF, did you see the USA-Switzerland match?

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

omgwtfbbq said:
so how many units sold in switzerland now?
By end of August: Wii 52'000, NDS 220'000