By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wii just short of 50000 units sold in switzerland

SNESboy sounds suspecious.

mM
Around the Network
elprincipe said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
Snesboy said:
Make a new thread, this one is month's old.

How dare a member with the incredibly tiny amount of only 24 posts attack this wonderful thread?!

Three hours doesn't sound bad... I guess if you had read all the text until chapter 4-4, that'd also have taken you three hours

Unihockey is a sport that was established only twenty years ago as some sort of icehockey without ice. Today, it is very popular in Scandinavia, Switzerland and in the Czech Republic. In sweden, games are broadcasted in television and season finals are usually watched by 10000 people. Here in switzerland we only have about 500 spectators in a championship's game, but the development is really fast. We will probably have live games on TV in the next season.

Sounds something like field hockey but inside? Floor hockey? We used to play this with brooms, called broom hockey.

It is quite different from field hockey, the field is smaller and there are only five players plus a goalkeeper per team. Also, the sticks are way better than those of the field hockey players, you can control the ball perfectly with them. If you are interested in how they look, go to the page www.unihoc.se, this is the page of the most important manufacturer for those sticks.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Wow, so many posts... you two made my day

Crap Club Brugge has been neutralised X_X. Standard too but that is no wonder.

And Anderlecht goes to the poules pity for Rapid Wien but that is soccer.

RolStoppable said:
konnichiwa said:
Crap Club Brugge has been neutralised X_X. Standard too but that is no wonder.

And Anderlecht goes to the poules pity for Rapid Wien but that is football.

Fixed.

Why did ya fixed it?

It is soccer!

Association football, commonly known as football or soccer,

Never heard about PES?

Pro evolution soccer?

Around the Network

Well of course it's fixed! You don;t call football soccer in Europe, do you??
Let there be some education for people outside Europa (Americans for instance)!

But yeah..maybe it's because you are Belgian......that'll explain a lot  (sorry it's that Belgium-Netherlands thing, when it comes down to it we love eachother, really)

But let's not talk about footbll tonight.....the only club playing in Uefa is AZ, even Ajax has been defeated. Thist doesn't bode to well for Euro 08, but then again our star-players are in England and Spain mostly, so we'll see. A final Germany-Netherlands would be awesome of course....but let's take the result of the semi-final 1988 Deutschland 1 - Niederlande 2!! good memories....

By the way, great to see a thread from "the little" European countries, like that a lot!

To be on topic (although the first topic of this thread is hardly discussed), I've really got no idea about hardware sales in the Netherlands because no-one tracks them. The only thing I've noticed in shops around here, that's it's becoming increasingly easier to buy a Wii over here. Don't know if that's got to do with larger shipments or just lower demand?? 360's just leading over here I guess (with Wii closing in fast)...and PS3? Well....let's just say they're gathering dust on store-shelves...

Why thank you! Always nice te be greeted! I'm always hesitant to post on a forum, but you're discussion triggered me somehow....even if I'm not the greatest soccer (voetbal, fussball, football etc) fan. I'm visiting this site for quite some time, and I just thought it was time to speak up, and not only read from the sidelines. So here I am

And who wouldn't want to see the German team getting what it deserved (Losing!!) ? Over here we still haven't forgiven them for the disgrace that was 1974!

Sander said:

Well of course it's fixed! You don;t call football soccer in Europe, do you??
Let there be some education for people outside Europa (Americans for instance)!

Nop  I say voetbal but because it is an site full with Americans I call it  soccer otherwise we get AGAIN Americans who are asking why we don't use the word soccer.

Then let me ask this why they call it Pro evolution SOCCER and not Pro evolution FOOTBALL?

But yeah..maybe it's because you are Belgian......that'll explain a lot  (sorry it's that Belgium-Netherlands thing, when it comes down to it we love eachother, really)

Sigh another dutch who's brains are affected with their plenty of coffeeshops.

But let's not talk about footbll tonight.....the only club playing in Uefa is AZ, even Ajax has been defeated. Thist doesn't bode to well for Euro 08, but then again our star-players are in England and Spain mostly, so we'll see. A final Germany-Netherlands would be awesome of course....but let's take the result of the semi-final 1988 Deutschland 1 - Niederlande 2!! good memories....

I hope Germany wins, especially because people with your attitude don't deserve to win.

.... And you could not now it but officialy I am French, not Belgian.  I just living in Belgium.

Oh, I'm sorry if I offended you being a proud Frenchman...pardonnez-moi monsieur je ne le sus pas! (sorry, my French is really bad, hope the past tense of savoir (know) is correct!!)

Let's see here...

Ok let's take PES (Pro Evo Soccer), has it occurred to you that maybe they gave it that name so they could release it in the USA as well as in Europe? Take Mario Strikers for example? Mario strikers Charged in the U.S. but what's it called in Europe? Mario Strikers charged Football. So, then that's cleared up.

Your remark about coffeeshops is completely unfounded, but of course you couldn't be aware of it. When you go to a coffeshop in the Netherlands it's mostly foreigners who visit them. Americans and English people in Amsterdam, Germans everywhere , and sorry to bring this to you, Belgians and French people in the south (Maastricht, Breda etc.).

And your last point about attitude? Well of course I would like to see Netherlands beat Germany on the world cup (Euro is fine too, mind). Nothing wrong with that is there? You just have to see it as a running gag, matches between the Netherlands and Germany are always tense, just as they are between Oranje (Netherlands) and de Rode Duivels (Belgium). You just musn't take it all so seriously.

Hope that's cleared up, bacause I'm in no way trying to offend people.

RolStoppable said:

@konnichiwa 

1) As far as I know this is an UK site, therefore we should say football and americans have to accept it.

Why do you make a big problem of this?  The UK use the word soccer too. If they want to talk about their national rugby team they use most of the times they word football.

Then again you didn't answer me why they call it  PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER and not PRO EVOLUTION FOOTBALL...

2) Don't insult the dutch.

Oh yes he can do it about the Belgians?  But if someone do it about the Dutch then it is a problem?  Sigh...

3) Don't support Germany when they are up against the Netherlands. It's okay to support Germany when they play vs. Italy though.

Any reason why I shouldn't?

4) You really must love Belgium then, considering your avatar. 

My forum 'friends' choose this avatar because their are so many 'konnichiwa' on the internet.

Even Leo-J found me on gametrailer because of my avatar.

And yeah I live in Belgium so I don't care if I would have to use the French flag or the Belgian one.