By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4, 97 at Metacritic!PS2 IS NOT DEAD!

I need to get my Ps2 back from my sister...6 perfect score already!

Gamervision
An outstanding achievement in gaming. There’s no question that this is going to be one of my top games of the year, and any fan of JRPGs should be playing it when it’s released next week.
1UP
What really sets Persona 4 apart, though, is its endearing, relatable cast.
GamePro
I can't recommend this innovative experience highly enough, and from first time visitors to the Velvet Room to jaded MegaTen fanatics, Persona 4 is an absolute must buy.
Thunderbolt
Look, folks. If you have any interest in RPGs, you need to play Persona 4. Period. It’s one of the best titles available on the PS2. In fact, it just might be the console's swan song.
Destructoid
Atlus managed to combine the best of what already worked well with fresh new ideas and tweaks, and the end result is a fantastic role-playing game -- definitely a shoe-in for RPG of the year. Unless you dislike the genre, do not, under any circumstances, miss Persona 4.
Wired
The truly stunning thing about Persona 4 is that it just doesn't have any glaring flaws. Even though it doesn't stand up to the graphics of the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, the clever art style makes up for that. Those who despise reading large blocks of text in games will be pleasantly surprised by the solid voice-over work applied to almost every conversation.
Hardcore Gamer Magazine
Atlus has really created something special with Persona 4, because it still maintains the freshness of Persona 3, while also being different and in many ways superior.
RPG Fan
Among the cookie-cutter sequels and half-hearted remakes, Persona 4 is a near flawless example of the perfect balance between "falling back on what works" and "pushing the genre forward." That said, I wholeheartedly recommend it as one of the best RPG experiences of the year.
GameCritics
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a true gamer's game. Atlus has outdone themselves again and proved that they are at the leading edge of role-playing.
GameZone
If you’ve never played Persona 3, then it’ll be overwhelmingly fresh entry to the RPG genre. If you’ve actually played Persona 3, then there have been more then enough changes to warrant a revisit through the world of Inaba.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Great, probably well deserved. MegaTen is awesome! Time to dust off the ol' PS2!

If only the PS3 was Backwards Compatible they'd have a great title to promote.

BengaBenga said:
Great, probably well deserved. MegaTen is awesome! Time to dust off the ol' PS2!

If only the PS3 was Backwards Compatible they'd have a great title to promote.

Agreed.Some crazy people who bought 60gb should be happy tho.

I'll play it sweet with my working PS2 w/ dust...

Persona4 = WIN

PSP fanboi

Of those, I've only heard of 1UP. I'd take it with a grain of salt and wait for IGN, EuroGamer or GameSpot.

Still, 97 is incredible. It's the #1 rated game right now.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Wow, that's pretty damn impressive. As with all games, average probably will drop over time. Will stay in the mid 90's though

Is this game coming to Wii? or is that something else I'm thinking of?

Something else you are thinking about :D

scottie said:
Wow, that's pretty damn impressive. As with all games, average probably will drop over time. Will stay in the mid 90's though

Didn't hear anything about it...

I assume the next one does, though.

It was possibly pop tarts - they're coming to the Wii, right?

or is that hot cakes

maybe I was thinking of tenchu 4 actually :P

Anyway, sounds like a cool game, may pick it up if the PS3 i eventually buy as backwards compatability put back in

Xen said:
scottie said:

Didn't hear anything about it...

I assume the next one does, though.

I'd be very suprised if it does.You don't see Wii mentioned as rpg gamer console of choice.

Is there even 1 turn based rpg on Wii now ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB