By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - And the 5 best selling PS3 games of all time, in Japan, are...

@jlauro

if we even count the bundle its still highest 3rd Party game in Japan

next up FFXIII
____

on the list WKC will make a smashing debut.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
noname2200 said:
Groucho said:
Considering the number of PS3s in Japan, most of those games did quite well.

I think the problem for developers is the need for that qualifier, especially if the developer counts primarily on Japan for their survival. Things could be worse, mind you (you can be making JRPGs exclusively for the 360, for instance), but that doesn't mean this is great either.

And before you start, no, sales for Wii games aren't stellar either. Something needs to bring Japan back into console gaming. Hell if I know what it is, though.

Final Fantasy XIII
HD version of Monster Hunter 3
HD version of  Wii version of Dragon Quest (Spin off sold over 500k)

Fixed it for you. Monster Hunter 3 will be HUGE. It was TGS game of the show, despite lots of Square presence. Furthermore next year will see some 7 JRPGs on Wii, which will definitely push some copies, seeing Tales of Symphonia 2 is still the best sold JRPG in Japan so far. 

The more depressing thing is to find games such as Wii Play and Wii Fit as top sellers !!!!!!!!! Thats depressing, the first is a demo, the second is not a game !

Dynasty warriors games are always popular in japan, the same for Hot shot golf,,, this list could have been more normal if the Ps3 received any good RPG!

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Zlejedi said:
noname2200 said:
Groucho said:

And before you start, no, sales for Wii games aren't stellar either. Something needs to bring Japan back into console gaming. Hell if I know what it is, though.

Final Fantasy XIII

HD version of Monster Hunter

HD version of Dragon Quest

Because Japan's proven to care about HD, right?

Anyhow, I thought about those, but rejected them. I'm skeptical that either one will be more than a flash in a pan. If developers maintain the stream of quality games then the story might be different, but I just don't see that happening (especially for Squeenix, who no longer acknowledges the existence of "deadlines").

Wow.

Look at Fernando trolling his own thread, and flaming. The O.P. isn't either, as it's simply a list. But the "...Just wait unitl...", and "10 year plan" comments from him are, respectively.

I don't understand his gross amount of hate for the PS3, but it's sad that he makes a thread only to troll and flame. C'mon now.

And the whole "...just wait until..." this is old as dirt now. Get a new schtick. Please.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Wow....

I understand your love for Nintendo. I don't understand your obsession with making Sony look so bad.

^This Fernando.

I understand if you go over to the nintendo forum and scream how you love your wii so much but why is the sony bash more centric to your vgc use? If you ask me, no one argued that the ps3 was doing well in Japan. Even Sony's PR and most harcore of fanboys never said that. Where's the "People wonder" part coming from? I thought this was common knowledge.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

As of September Konami shipped 730k in Japan. So we can at least expect LTD of 730k which is great.

shanbcn said:
As of September Konami shipped 730k in Japan. So we can at least expect LTD of 730k which is great.

Not too sure about that...
Used game sales are very high in Japan.
Still the game sold very well, defintely worldwide AND was incredibly important for the PS3.

BengaBenga said:
shanbcn said:

Still the game sold very well, defintely worldwide AND was incredibly important for the PS3.

Regardless of used game sales, those 730k copies have to sold one way or another.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
BengaBenga said:
shanbcn said:

Regardless of used game sales, those 730k copies have to sold one way or another.

Ehhhh, not really. They can sit in storage for a while, in limbo. There's no guarantee that they will sell every copy - isn't there some kind of provision for Japanese retailers where they can sell games back to the publishers?