By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft drops major hint on Crackdown sequel

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/12/08/microsoft-drops-major-hint-on-crackdown-sequel/

Microsoft’s given a less than subtle hint that a sequel to Realtime World’s beloved open-city 360 shooter, Crackdown, is a little more than fantasy.

“I’m here to tell you on behalf of the community, I want - we need - another Crackdown,” Xbox Live’s director of programming, Larry Hryb, told MGS boss Phil Spencer in the latest Major Nelson podcast.

“That’s all I’m going to say, so you don’t have to confirm for deny anything. I’m just saying we want it.”

“Yes, Crackdown’s one of my favourites,” said Spencer. “I’ll leave it at that.”

A sequel to Crackdown never materialized as “the numbers just didn’t add up,” we were told by Realtime Worlds studio boss Colin Macdonald told us this summer.

Macdonald himself said at the time that the studio was open to negotiations on a second game.

“I don’t think the door’s closed,” he said. “Obviously, right now we’re tied up with APB and everything else, but hopefully in the future we’ll have the resource and something can be worked out with Microsoft.”

Crackdown, a first-party Microsoft game, shipped in February 2007 to general critical acclaim.

Around the Network

I love the game... I can hardly wait to play it's sequal

Here's hoping for Cracktown, a game in which the Agent has fallen from grace and become something of a superhuman Tyrone Biggums.

"A sequel to Crackdown never materialized as “the numbers just didn’t add up,” we were told by Realtime Worlds studio boss Colin Macdonald told us this summer."

Microsoft didn't jump on authorizing Crackdown 2 before they began working on APB. That's all

yea @capt... but the studio that made it, said basically after APB is done, they will start on crackdown 2 .... so hurry up apb we want crackdown

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Yes... give me Crackdown 2 with a hot chick as the main, please.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Yeah I actually had more fun with Crackdown than I did with Halo 3 or GTA4 for that matter. Microsoft was probably hesitant to give a sequel the go ahead figuring that the sales were due to the Halo 3 beta. By the time they saw how popular the game was with fans, Real Time Worlds was already on APB. Sadly, I don't think we'd see a Crackdown 2 until 2010...

what kind of game is APB?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

what kind of game is APB?

mmo

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

All over my face.