By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 2 spoons, a fork and a knife

Wow... thats just BS... common, so parents should lock away their kitchen knife from their kids? Thats just stupid...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

haha. I would have caught it right away but my signal is funny and originally the picture only loaded the top half. I could see there was some sign but had no idea what it said.

So seriously, is that the normal thing in the UK? And is it all cutlery? or just knives?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

It's no joke!!

In the UK there has been a massive increase in the number of desert spoon hold up incidents!!

This can effect the victim for life, just going near a spoon can cause panic attacks and sever depression!

...and have you ever tried eating soup with a fork!

:0P

llewdebkram said:

...and have you ever tried eating soup with a fork!

I am afraid to answer for fear someone might attack me with a spoon causing 999 damage.

stof said:
haha. I would have caught it right away but my signal is funny and originally the picture only loaded the top half. I could see there was some sign but had no idea what it said.

So seriously, is that the normal thing in the UK? And is it all cutlery? or just knives?

If you read the warning it says 'knives and bladed', so a spoon is far from bladed and I'm sure no one would have any issue with that. The key thing missed here is that there are probably knives just to the right of the picture like this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31FpYj0B-9L._SX280_SH35_.jpg

Carving knives and such a like.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
stof said:
whoa wow wait a sec. It's a criminal offense to sell a cutlery set to anyone under 18 in the UK!?

has there been a spate of forkings and dinner knife fights lately?

Anything can be used to kill or stab and with the problems we've had recently with idiot kids knifing each other, I don't blame them.

I thought stricter gun laws were supposed to address these kinds of issues. I guess soon you guys'll have to ban clenching your fists, when people have to resort to bare hands after they can't get a knife or other stabbity objects.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Grey Acumen said:
The Fury said:
stof said:
whoa wow wait a sec. It's a criminal offense to sell a cutlery set to anyone under 18 in the UK!?

has there been a spate of forkings and dinner knife fights lately?

Anything can be used to kill or stab and with the problems we've had recently with idiot kids knifing each other, I don't blame them.

I thought stricter gun laws were supposed to address these kinds of issues. I guess soon you guys'll have to ban clenching your fists, when people have to resort to bare hands after they can't get a knife or other stabbity objects.

Stricter gun laws restrcits guns. Knives are just as dangerous when held by an idiot kid thinking he's 'protecting' himself from other idiot kids carrying knives to protect themselves. Keep in mind, one well placed stab and the guy is dead, one well placed punch, you've just hurt him.

Hmm, pie.

And what's stopping them from picking up a rather sharp branch fallen off a tree?
Or a thicker version as a clubbing weapon.
Or a rock.

Anything can be used as weapon, may as well just lock everyone up.

But that still won't stop them, bind them all up, too.

Oh no. The dreaded gun comparison.

Lets just all agree right now that knives are in no way close to being as dangerous as guns. How many drive by stabbings have happened this year?. Civilians are rarely hurt by stray blades and the worst thing to come of accidentally pulling the trigger on a knife might be a cut finger (depending on what the hell a knife's trigger is)

Can a knife be used as a weapon? Yes, but it's a close and personal weapon that requires not just the intention to use, but the willingness to physically engage another person, exposing yourself to just as much risk of danger.

Guns are efficient killing weapons designed to distance the user emotionally and physically. Claiming all knives (and not just swords and machetes) should be treated similarly is to say that baseball bats, rocks, mugs and anything else consisting of hard material that could potentially be used to inflict harm needs to be prohibited.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
How many drive by stabbings have happened this year?. Civilians are rarely hurt by stray blades and the worst thing to come of accidentally pulling the trigger on a knife might be a cut finger (depending on what the hell a knife's trigger is)

I almost LOL :)

BTW, you could kill with soft objects, too.

For example, wet paper on face.