By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If You Had To Chose Your Next Gen Console Today...

PS4 and Microsofts handheld.

Now you're playing with power!
Now you're playing with power. Super Power!
Now you're playing with power. Portable Power!

Touching is good.  Touch Me

Around the Network

PS4 and PSP2, Sony's First Parties!

twesterm said:
I would rather wait to see the games and features, I don't really give a crap about brand loyalty.

I would have to agree with this. If I were forced to choose today it would be Nintendo since I know they will have their first party line-up which I prefer to Microsoft's and Sony's first party offerings. A strong offering of third party software on any system combined with good pricing could easily sway me though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Well, as I'm planning to start my own game website by then, I'll likely have each on launch day.

That said, I'm REALLY looking forward to what Nintendo will be bringing to the table next gen. If they keep following their old model of 'control>graphics' (Wii=NES in that way, as gaming computers were far more powerful at the time, and had many more input methods), then if history is anything to go by, the next generation should be pretty much the best in our industry's short history.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
twesterm said:
I would rather wait to see the games and features, I don't really give a crap about brand loyalty.

Everyone would and probably will but you're missing the point of the thread.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

Around the Network

N6

Elite1 said:
twesterm said:

Which is what exactly? See how many fanboys for various consoles exist on this site? See what first party offering a person prefers?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Whatever console Nintendo makes. Nintendo's first party franchises are some of the greatest things I've had the chance to witness in my life.

Gnizmo said:
Elite1 said:
twesterm said:

Which is what exactly? See how many fanboys for various consoles exist on this site? See what first party offering a person prefers?

Which is to see what people expect from next gen. And yea from these posts you could probably guess who are fanboys and what first party games people prefer. Is there something wrong with that? I'll answer myself: No there isn't.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

Hmm, couldn't choose....but if I had to I'd say the 720 because it supposedly has Forward Compatibility, so it would make Fallout 3 play and look better. :P

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.