By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Star Ocean 4 or White Knight Chronicles?

Riachu said:
DeotoxSlayer said:
Neoraf said:

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope.
I think everyone see the trend, JRPG = 360.

Just look at the Xbox 360 JRPG offering:

The Last Remnant
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery
Lost Odyssey
Eternal Sonata
Spectral Force 3
Final Fantasy 13
Blue Dragon
Final Fantasy 11
Enchanted Arms
Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope

WKC will have average sales, just like Valkyria Chronicles.

Valkyria Chronicles (Japan First Week sales) = 78,038 ... on PS3

Tales of Vesperia (Japan First Week sales) = 106,421 ... on 360
The Last Remnant (Japan First Week sales) = 105,196 ... on 360

LOL

You do know that you just destroyed your point by mentioning that major 360 JRPGs Like the Last Remenant and Tales of Vesperia only managed to beat a Niche TRPG like Valkyria Chronicles by 25k.

That's still impressive considering that the PS3 has 5 times of userbase as the 360 in Japan

And the Ps2 had 10x the user base the Ps3 had and yet the similar titles have similar sales.... imagine that... guess Ps2 couldn't sell JRPGs as well as the 360.

Around the Network
Neoraf said:

I'm sorry folks, I speak from facts.

I repeat, I think WKC will have average sales, just like Valkyria Chronicles.

Tales of Vesperia (Japan First Week sales)  = 106,421 ... on 360
The Last Remnant (Japan First Week sales) = 105,196 ... on the fuckin 360!! in Japan...
Unfinite Discovery (Japan First Week sales) = 89,958 ... again ...on 360 (albeit bad reviews)

Don't forget, there are more than 3 PS3 for 1 Xbox360 in Japan.
Surprisingly, 360 JRPG sells better on Xbox 360. With far less userbase.

Love.

Do you honestly think that the average sales of games like ToV is the same as the average sales of a game like VC?  Want to start comparing SRPG to SRPG?  I'll give you a clue, it doesn't go over pretty for the 360.

DeotoxSlayer said:

LOL

You do know that you just destroyed your point by mentioning that major 360 JRPGs Like the Last Remenant and Tales of Vesperia only managed to beat a Niche TRPG like Valkyria Chronicles by 25k.

omg...
Self-ownage... 
I prefer to say: "He didn't know"

DeotoxSlayer, it happens sometimes... it's not your fault.

My god, is he aware of the HD console userbases in Japan?

My Gaming Setup

selnor said:
DeotoxSlayer said:

White Knight Chronicles will easily sell more.

As for graphics The character Models are better in Star Ocean IV(even though I find them ugly)

But I think White Knight chronicles Is better in its Environments.

EDIT: And if you meam looks better as in the whole game and not just the graphics, then I'd say White Knigth Chronicles by a longshot.

Sorry bro, but Star Ocean beats all JRPG's in production. Check this latest trailer out. Awesome.

I'm not sure which of my points your trying to refute.

If you mean the environments I think this proves my point, the white Knight Chronicles show in a Gamplay video 2 Years ago looks just as good as the Gameplay at the end of that trailer.

I'm pretty sure you don't mean the character Models since I did say that grpahicaly the Star Ocean IV ones were better(although styleistically I prefer the White Knight Chronicles one because the Star Ocean IV one look too much like dolls).

And if you meant White Knight Chronicles being overall better than Star Ocean IV from whats been showed so far, I believe it is and thats my opinion.

Selnor points to selnors previous post. There is no contest.

Around the Network
Neoraf said:

I'm sorry folks, I speak from facts.

I repeat, I think WKC will have average sales, just like Valkyria Chronicles.

Tales of Vesperia (Japan First Week sales)  = 106,421 ... on 360
The Last Remnant (Japan First Week sales) = 105,196 ... on the fuckin 360!! in Japan...
Unfinite Discovery (Japan First Week sales) = 89,958 ... again ...on 360 (albeit bad reviews)

Don't forget, there are more than 3 PS3 for 1 Xbox360 in Japan.
Surprisingly, 360 JRPG sells better on Xbox 360. With far less userbase.

Love.

You need to start acting your age buddy, have a fair idea where you work full time :/. Not a smart idea to compare a SRPG to a JRPG in terms of sales and the quality of VC simply speaks for itself.

Neoraf said:
DeotoxSlayer said:

LOL

omg...
Self-ownage... 
I prefer to say: "He didn't know"

DeotoxSlayer, it happens sometimes... it's not your fault.

My god, is he aware of the HD console userbases in Japan?

lol

Are you aware that titles similar to Valkyria Chronicles have sold only a bit more on the PS3 which has like 10x the userbase in Japan as the PS3.

WKC by a mile. Japan is going to play a major role in that. Dare I say WKC in Japan alone will outsell Star Ocean 4 lifetime because by the looks of Tales of Vesperia and the like, they just don't do well on the 360. They do better in Japan than EU and NA combined, but in totality, it just isn't that much

WKC.

Why is that even a question?

selnor said:
Selnor points to selnors previous post. There is no contest.

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_9378_en.html

(I don't know how to Embed)