By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Factor 5 in troubles.

Seems like Factor 5 has some financial traoubles (Lair's ghost is still there)

Developer Factor 5 is facing tough choices due to our bad economy, according to a blog post from Sam Baker, an animator for the company. Baker explains that after a two-week foray to work with California-based animation studio The Orphanage, he came back to Factor 5 and found that none of his fellow employees had been paid in the past month. His team continued on their current project, but then had their health care benefits taken as a cost-saving measure.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171691

Wasn't Factor 5 working with Nintendo? What projects are they talking about?

Around the Network

"due to our bad economy"

Yeah right...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Maybe it is because Lair cost them a huge amount of money

well theve said they are making several wii exclusives including one for nintendo (rumoured kid icarus game) and a superman multiplatform game

damm factor 5 are frickin amazing! they must not go bankrupt

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

All I know is that they damn well better make Kid Icarus or I'll cry..

Around the Network

Maybe Nintendo can buy them out for a penny (Midway style).

Sony or Nintendo needs to save this dev. I know Lair is not among the most popular of games, but it was still a very playable, and enjoable experiance. They have proved themselves in the past, and it would be a shame to see them split off to differant companies.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

well that explains the giving themselves to sony comment..... if no one steps in they may not have the money to finnish WKC

edit damn all these fives 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

@goddog: You're mixing up Level 5 with Factor 5. Totally different companies.

Captain MS to the rescue!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)