By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Walmart to offer tens of thousands of Wiis on Monday

Soriku said:
mike_intellivision said:
Hot Item of the Holiday Season -- 2006, 2007, 2008 ....

This is just plain crazy.

Developers need to realize that there is a market for games for this system. And it would be nice if there were more good games and a variety of games.

Mike from Morgantown

And it's going to get even hotter in 2009 and 2010 (which I believe will be the peak year).

And then.. the Wii will suddenly stop selling and it will be proved that it's a fad right?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network
Falcon095 said:
Soriku said:
mike_intellivision said:

Developers need to realize that there is a market for games for this system. And it would be nice if there were more good games and a variety of games.

Mike from Morgantown

And it's going to get even hotter in 2009 and 2010 (which I believe will be the peak year).

And then.. the Wii will suddenly stop selling and it will be proved that it's a fad right?

well the world will end in 2012.... so  there wont be enough time for another console to beat it 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Hmm do VGC track Wal-Mart sales ???

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
Hmm do VGC track Wal-Mart sales ???

It doesn't need to ;)

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

This isn't about wallmart but in JBHIFI in Australia I saw a mountain of wii's (very rare) and a mountain of wii fit's... I've NEVER seen wii fit in stock ever.

Its going to be a great christmas for gaming.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
mike_intellivision said:

Mike from Morgantown

Wii causing global warming, confirmed.

FaRmLaNd said:
This isn't about wallmart but in JBHIFI in Australia I saw a mountain of wii's (very rare) and a mountain of wii fit's... I've NEVER seen wii fit in stock ever.

The store I work at received 210 Wii Fits during the week and all are in a big catalogue this week. It will be insane.

not totally related, but this thread reminded me.

I was in a game craze, which is relatively small store sort of like EBGames/Gamestop, and this older couple comes in asking about Wii Play. Well, they were really asking about the Wii in general.

When the store employee told them it cost 250 and they had them, they were like "oh, that is the same price as that other store" and walked out.

The whole time I'm thinking how stupid they are, and good luck finding one next week with the way this system is selling. Who knows, Nintendo may have just enough stock to make the vast majority of shoppers happy, but the sales of this console are insane, and the demand is even more insane.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

It's bullshit unless tomarrow we get a shit ton of Wii's Walmart has dropped the fucking ball... it's really funny actually... the more I learn of the company the more I despise working for them

Imthelegend said:
FaRmLaNd said:

The store I work at received 210 Wii Fits during the week and all are in a big catalogue this week. It will be insane.

We also got a shit ton of Wii Fits... but no Wii's... Managment was upset... perhaps some other store got it, but that's unlikely since we are the second largest store in S. Ill