By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wait. Games of Quarter 1 2009 belongs to?

Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Soriku said:
Stats87 said:
Soriku said:
SO4 > Any other HD game in 2009. 360 wins.

are we talking about release worldwide? or can it hit anywhere? (i.e. Japan)

because if only the latter matters, I'm predicting FFXIII will be better.

WW. The game has no chance of coming over until 2010 so Westerners like us can't necessarily argue which is best because it won't release here =/ On the other hand, SO4 comes in 3-4 months. Tbh in 2009 the HD consoles are pathrtic JRPG wise. Maybe not in quality, but quantity. WW the 360 only has SO4 and WW the PS3 only has WKC. Thanfully for a Wii owner like myself, it has Fragile, Tales (WW release please? D:), Arc Rise, Muramasa, Kizuna, Rune Factory, etc. :P

Sorry Soriku

but FFXIII demo >>>> SO4 + all Wii JRPG's x100!!!!

Yeah...how about no.

no.....how about yes

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

You people are forgetting all about InFamous a game developed by Sucker Punch the makers of the awesome Sly Cooper that Yahoo said in their E3 review that made everything that MS was showing including Gears of War 2 and Fable II look old. Plus. I think White Knight Chronicles after it establishes itself as the highest selling jrpg so far of this gen in Japan will probably make its way to the US in March, and people are pointing to Christmas as the release date of Gran Turismo 5, but Polyphony Digital said it was coming sooner than people expected. And all previous God of War games have released in March.

So, I say MS wins if this is the equation:

Halo Wars
SO4
Ninja Blade
The Lost and the Dead

Versus
Killzone 2

However, if this turns out to be the equation it becomes more of a toss up:

Halo Wars
SO4
Ninja Blade
The Lost and the Dead

versus

Killzone 2
Infamous
White Knight Chronicles
Heavy Rain

and Sony clearly wins in quality games if they can add either one of these three: Gran Turismo 5, God of War III, or Trico to their first quarter lineup.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

I just have to clear up the PS3's lineup. Killzone 2 is NOT the only game.

-Killzone 2
-inFamous
-Fat Princess (if you include DLC, I can include PSN, right?)
-The Agency

VERSUS

-Halo Wars
-Ninja Blade (if you must include it, it's like including Lair in a PS3 2007 lineup)
-GTA4 Lost and Damned (which is apparently a game now)
-Star Ocean 4.

Basically, it's a tie, it depends on your gaming tastes etc. etc. etc.

You never know, both platforms could have titles now TBA 2009 which could become Q1. Hell, maybe Uncharted 2 can make it out in Q1. I know, not happening.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Also, Sony clearly wins with this lineup

Killzone 2
Infamous
White Knight Chronicles
and Kenshan! !!!!!!!!!!!

(If Sega can have it ready for a Q1 Western release. Keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see it sometime at least with a great translation and great English voice overs (at least as good as those found in Shenmue) because Kenshan! hasn't been announced for an outside of Japan release yet; however, when it was originally released Play Magazine's Play Japan section gave Kenshan! a 10 and said that along with MGS4 it was at the the very top of mature audience oriented games that have been released so far in Japan this gen.)

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Stats87 said:
Ninja Blade?!?

All we've seen is cutscenes and the game is developed by From Software, not a game that should be used to showcase the 360's lineup. It would be just as bad for a PS3 owner to hype up Demon Soul.

this is a bad thing? From Software makes the best Mech games there is on the market today.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Don't forget HAWX.

edit: Sorry this is multi-  forget it.

Yakuza 3 ftw.

@OP your obviously just making a troll thread. Especially since you include GTA4 dlc and not big ass ps3 exclusive full games :\ oh well.

Check out my game about moles ^

ssj12 said:
Stats87 said:
Ninja Blade?!?

All we've seen is cutscenes and the game is developed by From Software, not a game that should be used to showcase the 360's lineup. It would be just as bad for a PS3 owner to hype up Demon Soul.

this is a bad thing? From Software makes the best Mech games there is on the market today.

Most mech games aren't even that good.  The only ones that gamers consider great is the Zone of the Enders series.

Oh, and Yakuza 3 and White Knight Chronicles.

Out of interest, OP, where did you get this list from?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

@Staude Yakuza 3 and Kensha(i?)n! are two different games. There was some confusion about that early on though. I think Yakuza 3 hasn't been released in Japan yet. I would love to get both of them in English versions. However, I think Kenshin! interests me more because of its time period. Of course, I'm also hoping that after Yakuza 3 is released and is hopefully highly successful that Sega and Yu Suzuki will finally get to work on the next Shenmue game(s). After I beat Shenmue the first time back in 2002, I think that I played it over and over again for a solid month because I think it is one of the best games ever made.

Heavens to Murgatoids.