By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Days of Just Assuming that the Wii Version is Inferior are OVER!

KylieDog said:
All those games listed suck on both Wii and PS3/360.

The only exception being the PS3/360 versions of CoD:WaW which are good, the Wii version completely fails on multiplayer, which is where CoD matters most.

My bad! I thought I was able to have my own opinion about what I enjoy. It won't happen again.

Around the Network

The balance board made me want to play Shawn White. Some game types are just better on Wii.

Now I just need to get a balance board........

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Please 9 out of 10 games with HD grahics don't deserver higher score then the one on the Wii. rest is just fanboyism, they are more infernior then the Wii version I mean they are all Just pretty looking not revolutionary.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

There's no reason that a Wii version can't play as well or better than a PS3 or 360 version of a game. On the other hand, Wii versions will never look as good as the PS3 or 360 versions of the game (not unless 3rd parties just started lessening the quality of the graphics in their games due to the Wii's impressive sales something that I hope never happens as I love games that both play as well as they possibly can and that look as well as they possibly can).

Heavens to Murgatoids.

BTFeather55 said:
There's no reason that a Wii version can't play as well or better than a PS3 or 360 version of a game. On the other hand, Wii versions will never look as good as the PS3 or 360 versions of the game (not unless 3rd parties just started lessening the quality of the graphics in their games due to the Wii's impressive sales something that I hope never happens as I love games that both play as well as they possibly can and that look as well as they possibly can).

To gimp the graphics on the Xbox and PS3 by not writing a game to take full advantage of their abilities would be just as wrong as gimping the Wii but not writing games to take full advantage of its unique control system.

Around the Network
Grampy said:
MrBubbles said:
moral of the story. the reviewers have figured out a better scoring system for the wii games rather than direct comparisons to those on other systems.

In your dreams. I haven't seen any reviewers cut any slack. The opposite is true. They completely fail to factor in a control system which is different from what they grew up on. The starting assumption is that somehow God himself handed down the analog game pad on the mountaintop and using anything else is heresy.

My prediction is that within a decade that particular POS will be in the Smithsonian along with the sliderule and the buttonhook.

in my dreams? ....  its pretty sad on your part if you feel any of those wii versions could stand head to head against their  counterparts.  it doesnt make the wii feel better when you lie for it, so give it up and face reality that they are no longer comparing the games against each other because it was unrealistic to do so.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

"In your dreams. I haven't seen any reviewers cut any slack. The opposite is true. They completely fail to factor in a control system which is different from what they grew up on. The starting assumption is that somehow God himself handed down the analog game pad on the mountaintop and using anything else is heresy.

My prediction is that within a decade that particular POS will be in the Smithsonian along with the sliderule and the buttonhook."

The Wii control isn't perfect either. If you're not the type of person that wants to involve yourself in all the physical activity that using a Wii game entails -- standing up, actually acting as if you're really playing ping pong or sword fighting, or trying to get Fit; and instead prefer to sit back in an easy chair, hit a few buttons on a pad to swing your sword, etc, then the Wii control isn't for you. Zelda TP might be a great game but I don't think I would prefer to play such a long story driven game on a Wiimote as compared to a N64 or GC controller. And they probably acknowledge this with the existence of the classic pad for playing the downloadable classic rpgs, etc.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

MrBubbles said: 

in my dreams? ....  its pretty sad on your part if you feel any of those wii versions could stand head to head against their  counterparts.  it doesnt make the wii feel better when you lie for it, so give it up and face reality that they are no longer comparing the games against each other because it was unrealistic to do so.

Allow me to quote for you the first paragraph of the Shaun White 1up review. "Although they share Shaun White's visage and a snowboarding theme, not much else ties Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip to its PS3/Xbox 360 counterpart -- and that's a good thing. While the more powerful console version looks arguably better, obtuse controls and a misleading map make exploring it feel like an uphill trek. For now, the underpowered Wii provides the best Shaun White experience." That is entirely a comparison between the two different versions of the game. So I would like to reiterate what Grampy said. Only in your dreams are they not being compared directly. Some games are just better on the Wii. Get over it.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

RolStoppable said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Might wanna wait until we get some examples of games that people actually care about :P

Nintendo doesn't make multiplatform games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=twilight+princess

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Grampy, I hope your not talking about my thread, because I said Shawn White on Wii was the one to get.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=50550&page=1

With the Wii and multi platform games it all comes down to the control. If the developers took time to use the innovative control of the Wii properly, the experience will be better then the HD systems.

Then there are games like the latest Tomb Raider where the control on the Wii is nowhere as fluid as on a game pad because the developer decided to just port over the control.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E