By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Mario Hardcore? (Help me win an argument please)

Mario is for anyone. It isn't hardcore or casual. Its fun for anyone.

Around the Network

I would personally bring up how Super Mario Galaxy is the highest rated game this gen even over GTA4 and then tell them to go play SMB3 on NES and see how far they get ^_^ see how hardcore they really are.

But to answer it simply it's very core but appeals to everyone... anyway pose the question if Madden and most sports titles are core games, cause really they're very casual.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
I would personally bring up how Super Mario Galaxy is the highest rated game this gen even over GTA4 and then tell them to go play SMB2 on Famicom and see how far they get ^_^ see how hardcore they really are.

But to answer it simply it's very core but appeals to everyone... anyway pose the question if Madden and most sports titles are core games, cause really they're very casual.

Fixed

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

You speak the truth good sir but you know how expensive it is to get a famicom and SMB2 right? Just get a Wii and SMB2 on VC =D

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Apparently, your friends have never heard of Super Hornio Bros!

Yes.  Mario IS hardcore.

Around the Network

Im not a big believer in Casual/Hardcore, but for the sake of the OP.

Casual gamers will love and complete Super Mario Galaxy, Mario 64 etc.

Hardcore gamers will also love and complete but with 100% completion, 121 stars etc. and get multiple play throughs.

SMG is easily one of my favourite games this generation. Along with Gears 2, Portal and the overrated GTA4.

Im not quite sure how people associate Mario as primarily a kids game, probably the same morons who called the Gamecube the Gaycube!

To collect 242 stars in Mario Galaxy, you have to have skills... it's not about "hardcore" or "casual", it's all about skills... and fun... i never finish a game 100% if it's not incredibly fun to play, and that's the case with many Nintendo games...

And i'm not sure most FPS need more skills than a Zelda or a Metroid... you have to be good, and you also have to be smart... and some "hardcores" are actually allergic to anything "smart", as we may read in most of their comments all over the net...

To OP: my best advice is to ignore idiots the best you can, and play all your favorite games the best you can...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

i vote you challenge them to a race in mario kart wii with rol, which by their standards "needs absolutely no skill and anybody can win because of the random items", and lap them.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Just don't bother, if he thinks that mario is for kids there is no way he will change his mind. :)

radha said:
theprof00 said:
if you mean it has mature themes then no it doesn't.
If you mean it has hours and hours of gameplay than yes it does.

i'm with this guy.

Saving the universe is kidddaaayyy! :P