By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Mario Hardcore? (Help me win an argument please)

Hi there.

This is my first post on here, even though I visit the site often.  I'm currently embroiled in an online discussion with some narrow minded individuals regarding Mario.

I am trying to argue that Mario is still classed as a game suitable for the hardcore crowd, but I keep getting beaten down with the 'Mario is only for kids' argument.

I'm wondering if any of you can assist me in my argument.

Is Mario still relevant as a hardcore game?

Thanks.

Around the Network

God, I hate that term.

For the millionth time, there is no such thing as 'Casual' and 'Hardcore'

With regard to your dilemma, if it helps, Mario Galaxy is tied with Gears 2 for my favourite game of the generation.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I'm no big fan of "casual" and "hardcore" either, but if any gamer in the world doesn't enjoy Mario games they should be ashamed of themselves.

The only problem with that argument is that mario has such a wide variety of games.

Mario is for everyone

Around the Network

Welcome aboard, new guy!! Hope you like it here!

In my opinion, there's no hardcore anymore. Just mainstream, casual, classic/old school, and niche. Mario is a mainstream game like Halo, Madden, Tomb Raider, or GTA.

There is no argument.

They are all video games. Period.
Some games may be more difficult then others, but they are all still games.

The fact that you have to convince them of something makes it just a struggle on your part, and eventually you'll just get pissed off.

My advice is to get new internet friends =)

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

If you ask me, the 2D Mario's are hardcore and the 3D Mario's are a mixture of both casual & hardcore.

Show me a little Kid who can beat luigis purple coins and maybe your friends would have an argument.

F@ck Ubisoft and their commitment to Wii shovelware.

Why argue with stupid people, Mario is as hardcore as it gets.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089