By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Resident evil 5 will release in the same time frame as Killzone 2

Nah, Sony just needs to get Killzone 2 out the door so that the budget doesn't get any higher. It seems to be pretty much done, so no reason to hold onto it.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

They are both first day buys for me. So that's +1 sales for both. :)

PS3 Trophies

Well... this is a good early damage control for the (most probably) not so great sales of Killzone 2.

=p

RE5 wont cut into KZ2 120 trillion LTD sales.

I don't think it is going to be a problem. The only reason R2 suffered is because the game is just not that good. As far as FPS's go COD:WaW is a much better game.

Killzone 2 is on another level compared to any other game that wil be released at the time. Sony needs to build hype for the game outside of the message boards, and the game will easly blast past RE5. This is the first game that shows what this generation is all about, and word of mouth and a little marketing can make this a must have game for any PS3 owner.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Here's my thoughts:

Any gamer, without exception, who would purchase Killzone 2, no matter how good it is as a FPS, over the sequel to Resident Evil 4, it committing blasphemy in my eyes.

There are FPS, there are games, and there are Resident Evil 4. It was, without exception, my favorite game of the PS2 era, and RE5 deserves out sales just because it is related to RE4 in any way.

RE4 influenced every third person shooter, and horror game that came after it, with its innovative and fantastically fun gameplay. Not only that, however, the game packed a majorly huge campaign, and the merc mode was without a doubt the best "minigame" ever introduced.

Without RE4, Gears of War and Dead Space either might not exist, or wouldn't be as good. It was a peerless example of quality in graphics, gameplay, and content.

I don't care how good KZ2 is, what console it's on, how good it lucks, how big of a fanboy you are, if you only buy exclusive games, whatever. In my opinion, anyone who chooses to buy any FPS over the sequel to Resident Evil 4 is committing blasphemy.

Also, I don't care what your opinions are about RE4. I don't care if you hated the game, or thought it was over-rated, you're not going to piss me off about it. In my opinion, RE4 being an epic achievement is a fact. It's the Godfather 2 of gaming. If you "didn't like it" you probably have bad tastes. Yes, in fact, opinions can't be wrong, so that's why they invented the term "bad tastes." Your opinion isn't wrong, it's just bad.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

if you want both games, get a job. that's what I did a year before the PS3 was launched.

Sardauk said:
badgenome said:
I don't think Resident Evil 5 will cannibalize Killzone 2's sales like COD:WaW did Resistance 2's. They're not nearly as comparable - not even the same genre - so it's not the same.

Same genre, no ... but same population yes...

It is a risk to me....especially for the PS3 which is not that of an exclusivities mover....

Anyhow, KZ2 will probably appeal more players in the US and RE5 more players from Japan ...

The Resident Evil series is dying in Japan.  Resident Evil 1-3 sold over 1.5 million a piece on the PlayStation in Japan (Resdient Evil 2 actually hit 2.3 millino), while the GameCube and PlayStation 2 versions of Resident Evil 4 COMBINED barely broke 700k.  Resident Evil 5 is looking to be even more of a departure from the traditional Resident Evil experience than the fourth, so I expect even lower sales for the game in the region.

It seems Japanese gamers have good taste.

Resident Evil 5 will still do MUCH better than Killzone 2 in Japan, however.

makingmusic476 said:
Sardauk said:
badgenome said:
I don't think Resident Evil 5 will cannibalize Killzone 2's sales like COD:WaW did Resistance 2's. They're not nearly as comparable - not even the same genre - so it's not the same.

Same genre, no ... but same population yes...

It is a risk to me....especially for the PS3 which is not that of an exclusivities mover....

Anyhow, KZ2 will probably appeal more players in the US and RE5 more players from Japan ...

The Resident Evil series is dying in Japan.  Resident Evil 1-3 sold over 1.5 million a piece on the PlayStation in Japan (Resdient Evil 2 actually hit 2.3 millino), while the GameCube and PlayStation 2 versions of Resident Evil 4 COMBINED barely broke 700k.  Resident Evil 5 is looking to be even more of a departure from the traditional Resident Evil experience than the fourth, so I expect even lower sales for the game in the region.

It seems Japanese gamers have good taste.

Resident Evil 5 will still do MUCH better than Killzone 2 in Japan, however.

Ah, makin, come on bro. Not buying RE4 is good tastes? No way!

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Tbh if I had to choose between the two I'd choose Killzone 2, I seen the graphics and gameplay amazing.