By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Resident evil 5 will release in the same time frame as Killzone 2

Leo-J I agree with you. The world is in the middle of an economic crisis. Two amazing games come out within two weeks of one another...both are bound to steal sales from one another.

Around the Network

Of course this will hurt sales of both titles, but not by a whole lot. RE5 will also be on 360 so should be fine anyway.
Actually I think Killzone 2 will steal a lot of RE5 PS3 sales, because it's a must have PS3 title. This could reinforce the idea that multiplat titles sell more on 360 though, but I think Killzone shouldn't see too much damage.

I don;t think it will effect Killzone 2. Killzone 2 sales willl definitely have some legs. Resdient Evil 5 release won't affect the sales of Killzone 2 that much.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

I hadn't considered this. Very interesting question......

From the gameplay I've seen RE5's AI looks retarded like you can stand right next to them and they won't hit you. The presentation is amazing though.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

Around the Network

@leo-J

this is not comparable to R2 vs COD WAW situation.

those games targeted the SAME market..

RE5 & KZ2 don't/

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Bah KZ2 is released 2 weeks before RE5, I don't see the problem.

@Tremble

you have a point

mM
badgenome said:
I don't think Resident Evil 5 will cannibalize Killzone 2's sales like COD:WaW did Resistance 2's. They're not nearly as comparable - not even the same genre - so it's not the same.

Same genre, no ... but same population yes...

It is a risk to me....especially for the PS3 which is not that of an exclusivities mover....

Anyhow, KZ2 will probably appeal more players in the US and RE5 more players from Japan ...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

There is a two or three week gap between them, more then enough space to avoid hurting each others sales

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype