By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So when is home going into open beta??

Will it actually happen before the end of the year? and is open beta everybody? or what?

and does any1 know how it will be set out.. like will it be similar, too say, runescape? eg when you go into home it will have 'Australia world 1, 2, 3' 'New Zealend world 1, 2, 3' ?? will u get to chose your server? or what, does any1 have any idea?

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Around the Network

any1?

they say soon, and in the beta they gave us a message saying to get the mall items quickly cause they're free for beta testers but once it opens it will be premium items. So......my guess is really soon. Im gonna give a guess the 22nd. PSN doesn't update on holidays and on those days the usually update 2 days ahead.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

I want them to release Home in January atleast.

home is the bomb, I love it

Around the Network

It will be out in 2008. Within two weeks, I say.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

15 or 30 December they've said.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

^^^ have they actually said either of those dates

s-grandi93 said:

Will it actually happen before the end of the year? and is open beta everybody? or what?

and does any1 know how it will be set out.. like will it be similar, too say, runescape? eg when you go into home it will have 'Australia world 1, 2, 3' 'New Zealend world 1, 2, 3' ?? will u get to chose your server? or what, does any1 have any idea?

PlayStation Home confirmed for 2020

nah just kidding, lol. they trying to get at least the open beta which everyone would be allowed in before christmas. the reason they delayed it is cause they wanted to redesign home cause the original central plaza didn't look that nice, the new one is beautiful. and of course to make sure everything is working

luck me i got a invite recently, i enjoy the bowling and pool, my older bro is addicted to the bowlin, he is actually better than me at it, and he doesn't even play either of the consoles

FPSrules said:
s-grandi93 said:

PlayStation Home confirmed for 2020

nah just kidding, lol. they trying to get at least the open beta which everyone would be allowed in before christmas. the reason they delayed it is cause they wanted to redesign home cause the original central plaza didn't look that nice, the new one is beautiful. and of course to make sure everything is working

luck me i got a invite recently, i enjoy the bowling and pool, my older bro is addicted to the bowlin, he is actually better than me at it, and he doesn't even play either of the consoles

that seems like a bs answer, redesigning the plaza.... id wager, testing under load, is still showing major bugs hence why they will release an open beta to every one, and not something referred to as a gold candidate. Im not saying it wont be cool or its not a good concept, its a great one. it is however vary ambitious. This ambition is most likely forcing them to avoid removing buggy features, with sony brass breathing down their neck to get home out. I would venture to say that they are trying to resolve any show stopping bugs before the open beta, there must be a major one somewhere, otherwise it would already be out.... the most likely places are in content shareing (video), and simply number of users per however they decided to split them up.... the last one could be they are still setting up servers to handle all the new load form an open beta, but that should not take too terribly long.  It will be very interesting to see how this roll out goes. the first few weeks should be a furry of patching, because you simply can not find all the issues in this type of software without  putting it out there to use.  feature revisions and additions should happen quickly after that.    all in all if sony puts into this feature what it deserves it will be the first real differentiation that adds value over xbox live, and could force MS to react to it, id also venture to say nintendo will pay very close attention, since they have not ventured as far out into online... this generation seems to be them watching and learning from the problems MS, and sony have with online, and figuring out how to mesh the successes with nintendos family friendly approach 

on the OP i expect them to launch it as soon as the get the servers ready, and what every show stopping bugs are left out of the system 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog