By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts get Haze-ed?

Has done really badly, but it was not hyped in the same way as Haze

Around the Network
saxophonehero said:
yes it flopped and about a month ago when people were comparing exclusives they said this game would do better than LBP. yeah right it wasn't hyped.

lol who ? Maybe one crazy guy.

scottie said:
Whilst it may be a good game, it's not selling as well as the old banjo's because it's not as good as them. I'm sorry, Rare lost so many devs when they went over to MS that they just aren't capable of making games like they used to

That's funny because Banjo Tooie also didn't sell that well and N&B has the chance to break those sales

I dunno about Haze but I think Banjo is truly an enjoyable game, since when is 79 a bad game? Banjo N and B was a great idea and no game yet so far can rival it's vehicle creator.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

this game will still sell a million copies. it will take some time, but it will sell.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

The numbers are steady it'll eventually hit a million... especially if Microsoft bundles it next year... personally I think it'll be in the same boat as Viva Pinata... that game was really good and many people don't know crap about it, but talk shit about the game

Around the Network

We saw it with Scene It and VP, and banjo is on the same path. it sells around the same number of copies each week. Gets up around a million copies over a time.

The one thing I would think Microsoft would do is have a commercial out there for the $199 Arcade which shows these titles. Especially with VP and Banjo only being $40.

"that game was really good and many people don't know crap about it, but talk shit about the game"

Exactly. VP is still one of my favorite franchises this generation.

arsenicazure said:
it should easily cross 750k units over time... not a hit but shd recover its money

ill give it a shot once it hits the bargain bin

It was released in the bargain bin at $40 + a free xbla game.

This game was not really hyped anymore than any other platform exclusive game.  There was a period when the demo released that some people started to claim it a AAA title with the "best next gen graphics."  But the anticipation leading to its release was nothing like Haze.  Banjo is only 60k behind where Ratchet was and Ratchet is at 1.5 million.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Banjo :nuts and bolts is a good game though, so no its not like haze

The game did much more better in terms of metacritic:
Haze: 55 (OMG this doesn't even deserve to be a game)
Banjo N&B: 79 (What most games average)

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Grahamhsu said:
I dunno about Haze but I think Banjo is truly an enjoyable game, since when is 79 a bad game? Banjo N and B was a great idea and no game yet so far can rival it's vehicle creator.

Yah, that's what I don't understand.  It's like a lot of people's concept of a score rating is 8, 9, 10...

My opinion is 6-10:  good game with flaws (less flaws as the score goes up)

1-5:   bad game with good points (less good points as the score goes down)