By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best Online game(s) for PS3?

What's with all the MGO hate? I haven't got the chance to play MGS4 online but I plan to eventually.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network

Ok; it seems I'll be getting LBP, Ninja Gaiden Sigma(Those two were absolute givens) and for my online I'll be getting SOCOM first and eventually, Warhawk.

I feel bad that I really don't care for MGS4, I feel like I'm missing out on something big, but MGO would be my only reason to get it anyway.

Thanks for all the suggestions, see you all online.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

since there are still issues with socom, wouldn't it make sense to buy Warhawk now and then buy socom once the issues are sorted out?

regardless, join the warhawk league once you do get it.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:
since there are still issues with socom, wouldn't it make sense to buy Warhawk now and then buy socom once the issues are sorted out?

regardless, join the warhawk league once you do get it.

What kind of issues still are there? I know some of the ones that once existed from reading the two 1up reviews and the GTrailers review....

@Mirson: $20?....I found the bundle for 50, but not 20. http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=Warhawk&Find.x=0&Find.y=0

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Resistance 2 looks generic? 0-o

I suggest getting R2, right now the best online game on the ps3.

mM
Around the Network

Also, fuck MGO, that is a terrible online experience,konami's konami ID thing kills it, and the gameplay is just ok.

I honestly suggest MGS4 though, its beyond the best game on the ps3 currently.

mM

Well if your looking for a good singleplayer game. Why not buy Valkyria Chronicles.

Oh and since you have a PS3 now buys White Knight Chronicles when it comes out =D

Congrats on the purchase! :D

Great game choices so far (especially LittleBigPlanet).

For online play, good decision avoiding MGO. Konami decided to circumvent the PSN , so it has it's own custom log-ins and stuff, and it's a total pain in the ass as a result.

For singleplayer, I'd definitely recommend Uncharted. And MGS4, but you've already said you have no interest in the game.

Uncharted is a blast. It may look somewhat generic on the surface (Dude Raider, lol), but it's truly a great experience. It has great personality (I love the characters, lol) and it's still the best looking game on the ps3 (aside from arguably MGS4).

LBP, MGS4, and Uncharted are my three favorite ps3 games at the moment, and Killzone 2 will probably join them come February (the beta is awesome fun).

Shadowblind said:
Max King of the Wild said:
SOCOM > MGO

R2 > SOCOM

WARHAWK = it's own level of fun

(Pssst - Ratchet and Clank for sp)
(and while you are at it download QFB off the PSN)

The IGN review on SOCOM really hated on it, and the meta average isn't too great either. How is it in your opinion?

Warhawk seems like a great game for online, thats one I'll look into.

My co-op needs are pretty much filled by L4D and GeOW. Still, it looks like a fun single player game.

Whats QFB?

Well, it Socom got such low scores because of the technical issues, but it's all fixed now.

Games I recommend:   Socom: Confrontation & Warhawk

MP: R2
SP: ratchet and clank + quest for booty
Uncharted
there my exclusive games