By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3 not performing as bad as some claim?

Bonafide732 said: HappySqurriel so i guess the ps3 launch was the best in history then accoriding to you. 360 launched in all 3 major territories at once the ps3 didnt. therefore you should be able to use your brain and figuire out hey maybe thats why there are more ps3s available around this time of year than 360s were last year.. if the ps3 launched in europe i have no doubts they would still be shortages everywhere and not just in certain spots.. but like i said before i cant prove that can I? no i cant so the only thing i can go by is numbers.. but im a fan of gaming i want all 3 to succeed
I think you misread what I said ...

Around the Network

@ mrstickball If you compare strictly what Microsoft and Sony shipped during the 2005 and 2006 Holidays seasons, Sony both outshipped and outsold Microsoft. XBox 360 2005 sales = NA 660,750 + Europe 390,000 + Japan 73,750 = 1,124,500 PS3 2006 sales = NA 760,000 + Japan 477,000 = 1,237,000 (Taiwan, Hong Kong - Anyone?) So, IMO for one retail chain selling more (at a higher price) at 2 shops/cities than another equivalent retailer selling at 3 shops/cities points towards a better overall sales performance. And even despite it's not christmas anymore, I think the PS3 may well significantly outsell the XBox 360 for a similar timespan of availability in Europe.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I think the 360 outselling the PS3 will stop in March. :)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Bonafide732 said: everyone always says ps3s are collecting dust blah blah blah.. thats probably true but when you compare numbers!!! im talkin about launches aligned number!!! the ps3 is doing better than the 360.. thats the point im tryin to make... and i know most of you will say if the 360 could have met demand it would have sold more but the fact of the matter is that it didnt and what we have now are numbers that are provin all you ps3 haters out there wrong...and for those of you who keep comparin the ps3 to the wii please stop... yal must feel real good doiong that but come on thats 2 different ballparks and you know it so why compare it..???? my friends grandma plays wii because thats who its marketed to... thats why its cheap its supposed to sell more people!!! im proud of the wii but you idiots compare it to the ps3 and 360 like that means a whole lot..
Ehh so because Wii, which still is a consol last time I looked, is advertised to more than just hardcore gamers we shouldn't compare it to PS3 and xbox360? Then I guess we shouldn't compare DS with PSP either? I mean come on that must be the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard. A consol is a consol, no matter of who is buying it. I mean should we move away the last 10-20 million or so in sale for PS2 because of guitarrhero, buzz and Singstar is leading the sales?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Kwaad said: I think the 360 outselling the PS3 will stop in March. :)
might happen I think it was only 50k or so between them during januari. Any nice game coming up in march?

Around the Network

@ Kwaad

I think the 360 outselling the PS3 will stop in March. :)
Globally speaking I think it's not unlikely you are right. North America is by far the XBox 360's strongest market, except for the UK outside North America IMO the XBox 360 hasn't been performing that well. At least early European reports indicate a strong PS3 demand, especially reports for the UK, Spain and Australia seem to be encouraging.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@ robjoh

Then I guess we shouldn't compare DS with PSP either?
Although the NDS and PSP both have different price points and offer different style of games, as a Nintendo DS owner myself, I would say the NDS and PSP are more direct competitors than the Nintendo Wii and PS3. One main benefit of handheld consoles is that you can easily take them with you on trips, taking two handhelds with me on trips at least for me is too much of a hassle. And when travelling together with my girl. 2 NDSs are a lot of fun, we have Mario Kart, New Super Mario Brothers, Meteos and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for multiplayer fun.

PS3 vs 360 sales

there's like 2 or 3 A games comming to the PS3 in March. :) I think the PS3 will surpass the 360 in all markets in march. And possibly leave it in the dust. IF it dont. It is even more likely to get ahold of more market share in June. march is a BIG month for PS3. Decent for 360, and kinda crappy for wii. June is a MONSTER month for PS3. Good for 360, Good for Wii. After that time frame there aren't enough set date releases.

MikeB said: Although the NDS and PSP both have different price points and offer different style of games, as a Nintendo DS owner myself, I would say the NDS and PSP are more direct competitors than the Nintendo Wii and PS3. One main benefit of handheld consoles is that you can easily take them with you on trips, taking two handhelds with me on trips at least for me is too much of a hassle.
I like you. I hope you stay here. I agree the DS and PSP are in a closer market, but the PSP is like the PS3. It is a media center. I currently have 2 movies on my PSP. I have no after market software, I have the memory card that came with it. I am not counting the crappy UMD movie that came with it either. I dont carry crap like that around with me. I like the PSP becuase it is a media machine. The DS... is strictly a game machine. And contrary to what they look like. the PSP is *NOT* much bigger than a DS. :P The screen is just double the size. :P

Nice...what games? (Ihonestly don't know so please don't take this as a troll attack) In japan we have Gundam, I guess In USA, killzone 2? Gundam? EDIT: you don't need to answer found a post from you in another thread. Tekken and Motorstorm looks nice. Rest was nothin spectacular, but yes at least two heavy titles is coming in march. EDIT2: You need to answer reread your post. That was just next week.