By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - killzone 2 uses only 60% of ps3 SPUs

Garnett said:
dbot said:
Garnett said:
Too bad it uses 100% of RAM LOL!!!!!

Burn!

Don't you think most games use 100% of ram?

Yea most better than god games use 100% of ram on all systems,thats the bottleneck.

360-Gears 2

PS3-KZ2

Neither CPU is being used up its all the Ram

I agree, this is the largest shortsightedness of both Sony and MS, it's just stupid to limit the RAM the way they did, just imagine what would be possible with 1 GB on each system, woohoo!!

Around the Network

Well, maybe they can use even more in their next game. It's good to know they've been doing so well while being able to utilize so little of the potential.

Oh, and we're never getting to 100% and maybe not even close, in case you were wondering.

Conclusion: The longer a game is in development the better it looks

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

Boy, there are quite a few Sony fans on here that don't really know much about computer hardware/software...

I only need 60% of my bullshit detector to know how stupid these kind of numbers are...

Around the Network
HeroeDeLeyenda said:

Duke Nukem forever ay.. ?

Check out my game about moles ^

epsilon72 said:

Boy, there are quite a few Sony fans on here that don't really know much about computer hardware/software...

Personally I prefer comments like these, from a Games developer posting here on VGChartz with a masters degree instead of useless fanboy comments.

"If it wasn't obvious from my post, I agree with MikeB on pretty much all counts.  

That "email" is downright outrageous.. to the point of being laughable.  I am shocked that another engineer might not think so.  I will dissect it, if you guys *really* believe it it has some truth to it, but I really feel as though I shouldn't have to -- step back and think about the letter's approach a bit, and see if the picture becomes clearer.

Its a great example of exactly how this kind of misinformation causes those who know "just enough" to get really confused, and then to propagate their confused concepts with the same confusing propaganda.  MikeB does know what he's talking about."

BTW that email is an email Microsoft alledgedly send to some websites, with wrong and misleading data being spread and hyped by 360 fans, also here on VGChartz.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

HeroeDeLeyenda said:

Yes and the better specced the platform the better the potential. The 360 had a 1 year headstart, so in general devs had more time to optimise and develop, yet the bulk of the top 10 of technically most impressive console exclusives are already on the PS3.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

luisgvm said:

Speaking in IGN's latest Play Beyond podcast, Jeff Haynes revealed that even during the heaviest loads, Killzone 2 utilizes roughly only 60 per cent of the SPU's.

"It's incredible to see huge levels and see the deferred rendering and note that on all the SPU’s, even on the heaviest load were coming up to about 60%," Haynes said. "They weren't coming close to maxing out. .They had about 40% of space before they started tripping or saw slow down on some of the processes."

Furthermore, Haynes noted that the preview codes recently distributed to various media outlets were of an alpha build of the title, and have since been polished up . Visiting Guerilla Games in Amsterdam, Haynes was shown an updated version of the game, mid to late beta, noting that elements such as lighting, cut scenes, glitches, load times, have all been optimized.

Killzone 2 is due out exclusively on PlayStation 3 on February 27, 2009.

here is the link. http://www.psu.com/Killzone-2-only-using-60--of-SPUs-overall-power-News--a0005629-p0.php

wow if thats true then uncharted 2 will look amazing!!! jajaja

nice only 60%, uncharted drakes fortune was 40%. if these games look amazing, what would 100% look like?

the thing here is the potential.

it's possible to optimize the cpu to use more than 4 spe and the ppe.

killzone 2 looks better than anything on ANY console til now.